“Lovely restaurant, delicious food”
Review of Lassos Steakhouse - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Lassos Steakhouse
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Lassos Steakhouse in conveniently located in downtown Gainesville. It's not far from the parking garage, and there's also parking out front if you can manage to snag a spot before it gets too busy. They have loads of different activities and entertainment throughout the week, and I really like going for their trivia show on Wednesdays.

The restaurant itself is really clean and the decorations are a step up from your usual steakhouse fare. They have a stage for live music (though I'll admit the backdrop is a little retro), and a full service bar. They have really nice booth and table seating, and tables outside as well.

The service has been pretty spot on when I've been there, and everyone seems very friendly. As for the food? Holy cow. I fell in love with the fried corn on the cob the first time I tried it, and I will never look at corn the same way again. The steak (I had the sirloin) was perfectly cooked, tender, and seasoned wonderfully. I've also tried the pork chops, which were pretty good, and I really enjoyed the queso sticks and spinach dip appetizers. They have special desserts, so I can't guarantee that it'll still be there, but the caramel crunch cake was so good, and rich enough to be worth sharing.