“Old School Gainesville”
Review of The Bagel Bakery

Ranked #8 of 19 Bakeries in Gainesville
Reviewed 11 July 2017

I grew up going to The Bagel Bakery for a brunchy-bite.

They've still got it today, with lots of choices to create a fresh sandwich on one of their bagels of focaccia bread. I had the veggie hummus and sprout sandwich on a spinach everything bagel.... mmmm refreshing!

I saw they are also offering organic smoothies, but I haven't tried one yet.

I got there at 3:45 in the afternoon, and they were about to close at 4:00. Something to keep in mind if you are looking for dinner.

Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

Popped in for lunch and the place was hopping! Line moves quick and tables turn over, though, so no problem seating our party of three. Great chowder (tastes like Tony's), sandwich on focaccia, croissant for the kiddo. About 20 bagel flavors available, plus salads, desserts, all so good.

Reviewed 11 December 2016 via mobile

Bagel bakery has been a consistently great staple in Gainesville for years. Whether you are a college student venturing away from campus or a local resident who loves supporting a local business, this place is the absolute best. Great food, great coffee, great people!

1  Thank John F
Reviewed 13 April 2016 via mobile

Visited this "bakery" after a long day with no breakfast or lunch, so naturally walking in, I was extremely excited to sit down, try a new place, and enjoy a sandwich and coffee. Naturally, I was walked through the ordering process, proceeded to recieve my food, and lastly approached the cashier with a smile on my face. But that smile was soon wiped clean off. As soon as I gave the gentleman my card, he shouted "Alright $15" (which was double the price of my order), swiped my card before I could get a word in, and then said "Woops". Now I knew IMMEDIATELY that he had charged me way too much for my order. So of course I made it apparent that I had realised. Immediately after, he took it upon himself to refund the entire meal, and then CHARGE ME AGAIN. Not once, but twice. So instead of just refunding the extra amount, he made a SECOND charge on my card. At this point I was very upset, and had stated that this was wrong on his point, and to my dismay, this gentleman replied "Well that sounds like your problem, not mine". This establishments staff has absolutely NO customer service experience, and it disgusts me that they feel they can talk to customers that way. I will most definitely never be returning here.

Reviewed 25 January 2016

The food I've had here is good - no complaints! The one thing I do love getting here every time though is the coffee. Whether in a cup to have immediately, or the locally roasted bags. Every time I'm in the area, I enjoy coming here - and even have a conversation with the owner if he's around.

Looking forward to my next visit.