US$121
US$105
  • Pool
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$128/night.

Comfort Inn University(Gainesville)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$94
ComfortInn
US$74
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$85/night.

US$84
US$67
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$78/night.

US$67
Best Western Gateway Grand(Gainesville)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$149
ABC Motel(Gainesville)
US$61
Hotwire.com
All reviewsgreat locationparking garagevalet servicewithin walking distancerestaurants and barsfarmers marketfront deskroom keynice hotelplace to staycomplimentary breakfastcookiesthe breakfast areayogurtnightlifehippodromecampus
Reviewed 13 June 2018

the pictures look great, but they only updated one wall in the room. the other three and ceiling are still the old cheap hotel. And you will have a window air unit...so be ready for noise and moldy smell in the room. ...The pool is full of chlorine. Not worth more than $80 a night...If you want a nice hotel, stay somewhere else.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Brad M, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Gainesville-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Dear awu294,

Sorry to learn that you did not feel that your room was up to your expectations. We completed our renovation in January last year that included completely gutting the rooms, all new wall coverings both painted and vinyl, new ceilings, new beds, new TV's and new carpeting. Many of our regular guests have raved about the renovation when compared to their previous stays.

I've asked our engineer for readings of our pool to ensure that it is always balanced. I'm sorry you felt the chlorine might have been high.

We appreciate your comments and will use them constructively as I'm sure you intended. Thank you for staying with us.

Regards,

Reviewed 12 June 2018

We spent two nights in this ideally situated hotel in downtown Gainesville. Room was OK with a noisy cooling system. Our room was not cleaned during our stay so we had to ask for towels. Staff just seemed to be going through the motions.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2018

I had a one week trial at the courthouse and this place was not only extremely convenient but it was also a very nice place to stay. If I have another trial to attend in Gainesville, this will be where I will stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Brad M, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Gainesville-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Good morning Stephen,

Thank you for your feedback. Our location is indeed extremely convenient to the courthouse, and provides very easy access while a trial is in progress. You are able to come and go as needed to prepare without ever having to get into your car.

Should a trial or just a fun trip bring you back to Gainesville, we would be honored to once again be your host.

Reviewed 10 June 2018

1) The ac and heating units in the rooms are poorly designed and ineffective. In AC mode they cooled but were unable to keep the rooms dry. The carpet was wet,the sheets, and bed were very damp the ENTIRE 4 NIGHTS. We know of two other couples in our group who experienced the same.
We notified staff who sent maintenance. Maintenance said basically that’s how our ac works. When we brought up that the room was damp at checkout- we got a “ yes it’s been very humid. We’re sorry”. Not good enough - when I pay to stay at a HILTON I expect better.
2) The thermostat is the stupidest design I have ever seen ( I’m an engineer). There is no hysteresis in the thermostat. If you have the ac on 68 and turn it ONE degree up the HEAT comes on
3) The pillows. Puny. I’ve experienced far superior at a Comfort Inn.
The staff was great by the way. Their resources were NOT.

Jazztime2018,

I am sorry to hear of the issues you had while staying with us. Yes, heat and humidity are hard to combat this time of year, but the expectation is that it both cools and de-humidifies the room.

We have replaced approximately 90 of those wall units in the last year, and are in process of completing the balance of the rooms as we speak. I would appreciate if you could either call me or drop me a line to let me know the room that you were in so we can further investigate the unit.

I am delighted to hear that our staff was great. We all strive to exceed our customers expectations.

Hopefully I will hear from you soon. thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay.

Reviewed 3 June 2018

Great place to stay. Close to UF. Great staff. Very clean Close to restaurants. Great breakfast. Valet parking staff was helpful and friendly. would recommend this place for any trip to Gainesville. Harry's great restaurant.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Good morning gniehaus,

Thank you for your feedback on your great stay at our hotel. Our hotel is in the perfect location to take advantage of all the amenities the city of Gainesville has to offer.

I'm most pleased that our staff was able to exceed your expectations. I share these comments with them and will make sure to emphasize both the service and cleanliness of the hotel.

Hopefully we will see you back soon.