All reviews fire pit full kitchen front desk social hour bedroom suite marriott properties oatmeal road noise home away from home rooms are large first floor would stay here again very nice hotel great room archer road short drive free breakfast
Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Nicely updated! Very clean with a decent breakfast in lobby. Coffee pot in room which was great! Nice kitchen area all stocked with what you would need. Clean comfortable room. Staff very accommodating. Right off I75 convenient to shopping and local restaurants!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Ana B, Manager at Residence Inn Gainesville I-75, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Af0316, thank you so much for taking the time to review our property and we are delighted to hear you had a great stay!

As you pointed out, our kitchens are fully equipped!!! We are an extended stay hotel so all of our rooms are equipped with full kitchens which is especially convenient for those guests that prefer to cook their own meals or for those that might have dietary restrictions.

We are also very lucky to be centrally located and right off of I-75 especially now with the expansion of Butler Plaza, we will soon have more shopping and even a movie theater just within walking distance!

Thank you again from all of us at the Residence Inn and hope to have you back soon.

Reviewed 20 February 2018

This location is easy to get to, and is really really close to a very large shopping center. You really can walk or take a short drive and get most of what you need in a short distance. However, it's also directly off the highway. If you're a light sleeper like I am, avoid the 2nd floor. It's about level with the traffic and I heard every car pass and every horn honked. The AC unit shut on and off very loudly, so that didn't help to drown it out or let me sleep. Room was very nice and very clean. Mine was missing an iron, but I asked at the front desk and had one within a few minutes.

Room Tip: avoid the 2nd floor- right at traffic level
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Ana B, Manager at Residence Inn Gainesville I-75, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2018

I am sorry to hear that you did not have restful sleep while you were a guest at our hotel. Because we are located right on the highway like you said, noise is one of the most challenging things we have to deal with so I can understand your frustration over a marred stay over highway noise.

If your travels bring you back to our property, please contact the hotel directly as we can offer a few suggestions on how to find a room that is not directly on the highway side that can afford a little more peace and quiet while you are trying to unwind.

Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

Had one king bed suit. Spacious living room/kitchenette. Nice king BR. Toilet liked to run after flushing. Room smelled of cigarette smoke. Friendly staff. Nice breakfast that included fresh fruit, eggs, breakfast meat.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family

Hello gsmama2015,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. To answer your question, yes we are in fact a non smoking property but sadly, there will always be those guests that refuse to follow rules and ruin the experience for the guests that follow. We do our best to make sure that every room is odor neutral but our efforts are often challenged when cigarette smoke is involved as it can linger for days.

I am glad however, that the "smoker" that stayed in the room before you did not totally ruin your stay and you were still able to enjoy the great amenities we have to offer.

We hope to have you back on property soon.

Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

MARRIOTT Platinum Elite Member

PROS:
Juan at the front desk was excellent.
Courteous, helpful, efficient and goes out of his way to help guests and always with a smile.
He made a fresh brewed pot of coffee for me after the kitchen was closed.
He even offered to help load my car.
3 TVs.

Juan deserves recognition and a raise as he is a stellar ambassador for RI. He works all the time.
Hotel right off I-75 but I did not hear any noise on the first floor from above floor or outside.
I am a light sleeper and slept peacefully.
Rooms clean and appear recently updated.
Hotel RECYCLES! Yay!
Pet friendly and walking area around hotel.
Lots of places to eat close by.

CONS: limited TV channels
No frying pan in room to reheat
Food.
Handicap bathroom sprays
Water all over bathroom.
( did not request handicap unit)
PLEASE ADD EXTRA BLANKETS
IN ROOMS DURING COLD
Stove light and fan connected
to 1 switch. No light only.
Large microwave that takes up
Most of counter instead of above stove as normal in RI.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Ana B, Manager at Residence Inn Gainesville I-75, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2018

Hi mealybug and thank you for your review and especially your comments about Juan. He is truly one of a kind and he always tries his very best to treat everyone he encounters during his shifts as guests in his own house.
I am sorry that you were in an accessible room as those are designed for those guests that have specific needs such as a lower reaching button that turns a light over head or an easy to reach microwave.
Please do let us know when your travels bring you back into town so we can make sure you are not in an accessible room and you have extra blankets in the room as well.

Reviewed 7 January 2018

We arrived for what we thought would be a two night stay. My husband was to have a biopsy and resulted in ICU for a week. The staff at this place was the absolute best; the finest group of people you would ever want to meet. Obviously it was a stressful stay for me; however, all the staff was more than accommodating. Special kudos to Juan, your kindness will never be forgotten.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Kathi M

Thank you for your wonderful review Kathi M.

I am really glad that our staff was able to provide you and your husband with a comfortable stay and the peace of mind to take on the challenge of your husbands health scare for that week.

I will be sharing this review with Juan and make sure that he knows that his efforts to make sure you and your family were taken care of were noticed and very much appreciated.

From all of us at the Residence Inn we hope that your husbands health has improved and hope to see you back at the property soon!