Open today: 09:00 - 14:30

Reviewed 30 April 2017
chris d
Palm Harbor, Florida
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

I have been tubing the Ichetucknee for 12 years, and have always stopped at the corner of 47 and Church to get my tubes. Yesterday, I stopped and discovered this outfitter (Paddling Adventures) has now moved into the state park (Ichetucknee). What used to be a hassle free float is now a huge hassle due to the lack of organization of Paddle Adventures.
We stopped and were told we would now pick up the tubes in the park. Ok, easy enough. Go to Ichetucknee. Paid entrance fee. Go to tube rental. STOP!!! That’s not right. We were told to go to the south entrance. There, you buy a shuttle wrist band and tubes. Okay....Drop the teens off at the head spring to swim while they wait. Drive to south entrance and buy wrist band to get shuttle back up, and of course our tubes. You don’t actually get your tubes here. You get them back at the north entrance where we started. So, the shuttle.....Considering it was the week of the 4th, you’d think this outfit would have as many and as big shuttles running.....Ummmm.... NO!!! I had to wait over 30 mins just to get on a shuttle! Now, as I stated,I’ve been doing this tubing trip for 12 years. Used to be only the driver could shuttle. This made it fast because they were not as many people riding the shuttle. Hello!!!! Makes sense!!! This time, it was drivers, kids, babies, everybody and anybody, which made the line for the shuttle extremely long. Plus, kids, even toddlers, had to sit in their own seat, so you had these little kids taking up seats.
So, finally I get back, get the tubes, and float. Great float!!! The spring is as breathtaking as ever. But, I will NOT be floating with Paddling Adventures ever again! Either I’ll find a new outfitter or find a new spring to float!
One last thing......why mess a good thing up?? The old way worked perfectly!!! Oh wait!!! I know......$$$$$$. What used to be a cheap and fun day (about $25), is now twice that if you get everyone a shuttle wrist band.

Date of experience: July 2018
2  Thank kbmcg67
Reviewed 2 July 2018

I am so disheartened that the state park has allowed Paddle Adventures to set up inside the park. what use to be a 6 dollar entrance fee has now become a money grabber by this group. They now charge a 7 dollar fee to drive you back to the north entrance and if you want to continue past the half way point they are charging 7 per person to take a tram less than a mile. If you bring your family you will be scammed into paying up to 35 dollars for a ride to get to the parking lot. and since they dont want anyone to have options they have closed off the road to the take out point so you have no choice. Well there is a choice , buy at the outfitters right before the park . and when you raft the river either take out at the half way point or just walk back . its not that far... Paddle adventures is only after the profit and make you feel that you have no other options. If you are driving with a group then shuttle your own cars and save time and money... Paddling adventures is not a local group but have bought our a few of the larger providers in the area. They will probably ruin the area just like they did silver springs. Shop Local and support the tubing center right before the park. they are cheaper and much friendlier. I love Ichetucknee Springs state park but cant stand what Paddle Adventures is doing. Bring you bathing suit and a picnic but stay away from this concesson

Date of experience: July 2018
4  Thank Ruth T
Reviewed 25 June 2017

This company operates shuttle service within ichetucknee springs state park. We only used the for the shuttle service as we had our own tubes. If you do want to rent from them they make it very easy. The staff I spoke with were all friendly and offered good tips for the trip. The bus to the north end was very nice, clean, and air conditioned not the typical rafting school bus for sure. While many maya think ac is over the top if you are wearing a wetsuit for the trip down the river you will be thankful for the cool air until you hit the cold waters. I would skip the shuttle service and walk if I was only going to use the south part of the river.

Date of experience: June 2017
Brianna B, Manager at Paddling Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2017

Thank you for your kind words, we are glad to hear you enjoyed your trip! The really wonderful thing about Ichetucknee is that there are so many options for how you choose to spend your time on the river, which means there are a ton of options for your budget, too (take the tram, or walk!). We would love to have you back!

Reviewed 30 April 2017

Paddling Adventures are located in the back of the parking lot of Ichetucknee Springs. Park in the main parking lot and walk down dirt road to their office. They will offer 2 different trips. One trip is offered to the south entrance of the park which is about 2.5 hrs or you can do the all day trip which gets out at the 129 bridge. The all day trip is well worth it. They will pick you up at either location and bring you back to the north entrance.

Date of experience: April 2017
Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

heres some pictures we took along the way down the river and enjoyed . no tubers just us and natures animals and quiet 2 .5 hrs please visit john/brianna at paddling adventures these folks will go out of the way to make your trip worth while .. thanks guys for everything

Date of experience: November 2016