Four Points by Sheraton Destin- Ft Walton Beach
Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach - Destin FL(Fort Walton Beach)(Great Value!)
US$219
Best Western Ft. Walton Beachfront(Fort Walton Beach)(Great Value!)
US$252
US$221
US$266
US$249
Emerald Coast Inn & Suites(Fort Walton Beach)
US$94
US$91
Comfort Inn and Suites(Fort Walton Beach)(Great Value!)
US$123
Orbitz.com
US$160
HIExpress.com
US$212
US$271
US$260
HolidayInn.com
Marina Bay Resort(Fort Walton Beach)(Great Value!)
US$107
Hotels.com
Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Walton Beach-West Destin(Fort Walton Beach)(Great Value!)
US$210
All reviewsfront deskbreakfast buffetcorner suiteocean fronthot tubsplash padfridge and microwaveoceanfront roomprivate balconyoff seasonfishing pierhousekeeping staffbeds were very comfortablean umbrellafamily vacationspring breakpools
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 December 2006

Stayed here and found the room to be clean and comfortable. I got a good rate on a room facing the courtyard. The hotel has been completely refurbished and the furniture and bedding were high quality. Front desk staff was friendly and attentive. I will definitely stay here again the next time I am in Fort Walton Beach.

• Stayed: November 2006
3  Thank goo0325
Reviewed 21 November 2006

Very good hotel for the ******* Riviera. Clean room, ocean view, great exercise room and close to everything. Would definitely stay again. And what a bargain.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled on business
2  Thank AntJM22
Reviewed 31 October 2006

Great location, quiet and right on the beach. The staff is very nice and friendly, especially the maid. The rooms were good enough but not great. I have no problem returning to this place, it was good enough for me - a little dirty but not from a lack of cleaning, if that makes any sense. Having the fridge and microwave saved us some money on food. I've stayed in hotels in resort towns like Ft Walton Beach in other parts of the world and this place is nothing like what you'd get for the same amount of money elsewhere but thats economics, so get over any lofty expectations and this place is fine. We had an infant and she loved it. We also got to see some seaside weddings and that was fun. Having the ocean view was excellent. Close enough to walk to resturants - we had a bad time at Anglers though, I got sick off their food and we had very bad service despite the other tables having great service, it could be cause we're minorities or our waiter was an idiot, either case, Crabtrap was better all the way around - price, menu, atmosphere, etc. Crabtrap also gives kids a free pail and shovel so hit them first!

A few MINOR problems that could've happened anywhere and not indicative of this hotels service or otherwise: bathtub didn't drain very quickly (nothing bad, just annoying), toliet didn't flush consistanly (jiggled it and it was fine), dead frog and insects in the courtyard pool (I don't know if it gets cleaned enough during the day), massive amounts of seaweed on the beach stunk (it would take someone twenty minutes to rake and dispose of all of it but nobody seemed to be responsible for it -disappointing when its something easy like that, you'd think someone would do it), pillows stunk (new pillows were better and we brought our own). Again all this alone is not enough to be a deal breaker.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled with family
6  Thank IrrelevantTraveler
Reviewed 27 September 2006

My husband and I stayed here from 9/22-9/25 to celebrate our anniversary. The hotel's website advertised an Emerald Coast Special giving 25% off rack rates through the fall, so with that, our gulf-front room was $131/night. I thought that was a decent price... not the best bargain ever, but fair enough for what we got.

Our room was spacious and quite comfortable. We loved how it was elegantly decorated in neutrals... so relaxing and a welcome change from the standard hotel decor (where burgundy reigns supreme!). The beds were as cozy as they advertised... lots of pillows, soft bedding, quality mattress. Everything in that room was exactly to our liking, even the chairs on the balcony were so much more comfortable than what we usually find elsewhere. We knew that our room would have a fridge and microwave, but we were surprised that we had almost a mini-kitchen, with a small sink, several cabinets, and a fridge almost the size of the one in my first apartment. We give the room an "A"! Housekeeping was terrific every day... they get an "A", too!

The hotel has 2 pools, one that is beachfront and the other is in the courtyard. We didn't like the beachfront pool... there was no shade or landscaping, and it was surrounded by some lattice and cheap-looking blue canvas fencing that blocked any view of the ocean if you were in the pool or sitting in a lounge chair. I don't know if they're working on it or what, but I hope this is not the finished product! It felt more like a cheap motel pool instead of what I'd expect from a Sheraton. We spent all of our pool time at the pool in courtyard, which was larger, much prettier, and usually empty.

We were really disappointed that both hot tubs were broken. The lady at the desk said they were waiting for a part to arrive before they could be fixed. I know that these things happen, but it was still a bummer since we were really looking forward some relaxing post-dinner soaks!

This hotel seemed to be a bit "out of the way". There wasn't any fast food within sight or without driving for a bit, and after 10:30 am, we couldn't get any food at the hotel. I thought there would've been at least room service, but the front desk told us that there was no option but to leave. We had some snacks in our room but weren't expecting to have to go to so much effort just to grab lunch in the middle of our beach time. There were a few sit-down places within walking distance but most beachgoers are too grubby for that. On the plus side, the beach wasn't crowded!

We didn't try the breakfast buffet... found that a bowl of cereal on the balcony while watching dolphins playing was too nice to pass up! The lobby bar was open but it looked pretty blah... I only saw one person inside, and he was watching TV. The gift shop was closed. The hotel had a few cats that hung around the grounds. We thought that was really sweet and homey... they weren't a bother at all! We actually enjoyed them.

I agree with the previous poster who said that this hotel needed a little "oomph". If the beach pool was larger and nicer, the hot tubs worked, and there was some easier option for food, I would have been 100% pleased. However, if the room is the only thing that really matters to you, you'd love this hotel!

I wouldn't be opposed to staying here again, but I'd probably look around at other options first.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple
3  Thank dpladyreed
Reviewed 17 July 2006

Checked in July 10, 2006, out July 15, 2006. Chose this property primarily due to my Starwood Preferred Guest affiliation and status.

Stayed in oceanfront "deluxe" newly remodeled room in tower.

Pros:

Full size refrigerator
Microwave
Comfortable beds
Free high-speed internet access
Private balcony
Functioning guest laundry
Adequate desk in room
Housekeeping--loved our housekeeper
HVAC

Cons:

Small pools
Property did not have "resort" feel to it--pretty vanilla (Contrast to HI in Panama City)
4 cup coffe maker (bought larger one from Publix to use)

Overall, the property was adequate for a stay at the beach, however, for the price paid for the room ($222), I feel that one could do better by looking around a bit. We ended up driving quite a bit back and forth to Destin for dining and shopping.

If travelling to the area again, probably would select another property primarily due to price/value considerations.

• Stayed: July 2006
3  Thank renick