All reviewsroom was cleansausage pattiespublic beachwould stay againfree breakfastokaloosa islandgreat place to stayfishing piersmall poolspring breakboardwalkdestinwaltonftrepair
Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

Lobby staff go above and beyond to be helpful. We were always greeted with a smiling face.
Room was clean as well as the nathroom.
I would most certainly stay here again!
Most attractions and good restaurants are close by.
Hotel is not beach front but a public access park is less than a half mile away with showers, dressing area and bathrooms.
Beds are good and firm. We had had a good night sleep each night.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
ecis1214, Manager at Emerald Coast Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your stay at the Emerald Coast Inn & Suites. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed 24 May 2018

For the life of me I don't understand how people can stay at a 2 star hotel and expect the Ritz Carlton. Anyone doing a negative review of this property KNEW it was 2 stars when they made the reservation...you expected $400 a night amenities for $120? Grow up.

I have stayed here 3 times. I picked it for it's proximity to the fishing pier, which is almost walking distance from here. All this means I needed 2 things from the the room...cold AC and a clean bed after a day of fishing. The room provided both.

Can someone explain to me why it matters if the furniture is chipped, the carpet is worn, or the shampoo dispenser isn't in excellent operating condition? Don't most persons come to Florida with plans to be OUTSIDE?

Here's a suggestion for those who stay here and want SanDestin treatment...spend 4 times the money and spend ALL of your time inside admiring the furniture. In the meantime, the rest of us will be outside enjoying the sun and the good deal we found here.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
10  Thank nashdrummer
ecis1214, Manager at Emerald Coast Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Reviewed 21 May 2018

Positive things - The staff were very nice people.
Negative things - musty odor in room, damaged carpet, worn out scratched furniture, tv system didn't work, tile damage in bathroom, mirror damage in bathroom, doors damaged, exterior glass into hallways missing. This is an old building in disrepair. Frankly, it's a dump. You will regret staying here unless you literally don't care where you stay. You have been warned.......

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your stay at the Emerald Coast Inn & Suites. We're sorry you were unhappy! We hope you come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

HORRIBLE!!! This was our first time in Florida. We just left this hotel and it was horrible. In our first room, we had one of the bathroom shampoo holders fall off the wall, then the hair blow dryer burnt out. On the first day we woke up to the cleaning ladies yelling across the hallway.When I called the front desk and let them know about the issues in the room, they said they would switch is across the hall. It was just myself and my husband it they would not give us a room with just one bed. So we go across the hall and that room had duck tape on the curtain, the tv stand was broken, the tv remote wouldn’t work, and the restroom door knob was loose. When we switched rooms we forgot to get my husbands hair clippers. The front desk called and told us they would be holding them at the front desk, when I went to go get them, the lady said “oh one of your friends picked it up already “........ I said “what friends? It’s just my husband and myself!” The lady said one of the guys picked it up and that there’s nothing she can do about it..... WTF?!?! She’s the one that gave it to them! How else would anyone know that the hair clippers were down there or better yet how could anyone physically grab the hair clippers if they were at the front desk?

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jo S
ecis1214, Front Desk at Emerald Coast Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Reviewed 14 May 2018

Do NOT stay here. Rooms smell like smoke, even the nonsmoking. Had to ask to switch rooms as soon as we arrived. No form of security, people party in the stairwells. Breakfast was disgusting, you get what you pay for here.

Room Tip: Non smoking, ask twice.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brittany Z

We are sorry you were unhappy- we will work hard to fix the issue you experienced. Thank you for letting us know.