All reviews kids eat free lazy river kids suite front desk outdoor pool hotel restaurant king suite kids activities breakfast buffet hot tub bunk beds pool towels great resort movie night gulf view fort walton lobby area
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

I can not say enough good things about this hotel. The staff was so friendly! Krissy was great and Amber at the hut outside was too! The guys outside on the beach with chair service offered to help us carry our stuff to the beach, while we were juggling kids. So sweet.

Our rooms were extremely clean, especially for a beach hotel. GET A ROOM WITH A VIEW AND BALCONY! Worth it! Book through their app and add breakfast to it. It saves you money!

The food was great! Kids eat free with you! Huge save on money right there. The pancakes and omelets were delicious! We were so disappointed in the local, over priced restaurants nearby, we started eating dinner at the hotel too and I’m glad we did! Even their seafood was good.

The pool was great! We loved the lazy river and shallow end of the pool with our baby. They have movies at night on the big screen! The kids love it! They also have pirates and mermaids come out at certain times of the day.

The beach is 100 yards from the pool. It’s amazing! We took a pop up tent and chairs and enjoyed the day out there. Beach was beautiful and this is right where it’s not too crowded!

Thank y’all for the great stay! We will be back!!!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
funandmemorable, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2018

Thank you, Leriness, for your five-star review! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and loved your room, the food, lazy river, and activities for the kids. We are thrilled that we helped make your vacation a pleasant one and we can't wait to welcome you back on your next trip! –Kelly

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

This has been our 4th time to stay at this hotel chain in Florida(3 now at Ft Walton Beach and once in Pensacola), and we have never been disappointed until now. The hotel is a very nice property with a great lazy river pool and amazing beach views. However, the hotel food this time was very disappointing especially for the price you pay for the rooms. One of the things we always liked about this hotel was that kids eat free as long as you purchase an adult meal. We ended up sitting at the outside dining area by the pool since we had been at the beach that day and had decided not to go anywhere that night. As I looked over the menu I noticed that it had changed quite a bit from previous visits, as there was not near as many options as before. We ordered our food and got water to drink. First of all the water was horrible. It had a funny smell and taste almost like the water straight out of the hotel sink faucet. My guess is they do not use filtered water. When our waitress brought us our chips and salsa we had ordered as an appetizer, the chips were so soggy with grease you couldn’t even break them. The next problem with my food was with my grilled chicken sandwich with a side of roasted new potatoes. After only being able to take 2 bites from my sandwich and only eating about half of my side of potatoes which were dry and tasteless, I sent my food back and just ate some of my wife’s food which was ok. After being thoroughly disappointed in the food this trip we decided to eat our meals elsewhere even though we had coupons from the hotel for my son to eat free for the 5 days we were there. I think this hotels food needs to be on par with there room rates if they want keep customers like me coming back. The prices you charge for the quality of your food are ridiculous! On another note, you need to inform your customers about all the extra taxes they will be charged on their room rate per night. We ended up paying over $50 per night just in taxes for our 4 night stay. Unless something changes we probably will find somewhere else to stay for our yearly trip to Florida.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
funandmemorable, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us, Jason. We're so pleased to hear that you found the property nice and enjoyed the lazy river along with the beachfront location. We're so sorry to hear you were dissatisfied with the food while visiting with us. It would be such a pleasure to welcome you back to our little slice of paradise one day soon! --Kelly

Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

Nice atmosphere, great staff, good food, very nice pool area. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The beach is becaufol white sand. It I return to the area, I will stay there again. Lots of reatiarnats near by but if not the restaurant have good food reasonably priced.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Cheri H

Thank you, Cheri, for your five-star review! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and loved your clean, comfy room, the food, pool, and beautiful beach. It's great to hear you found the staff friendly and accommodating. We are thrilled that we helped make your vacation a pleasant one and we can't wait to welcome you back on your next trip! –Kelly

Reviewed 7 July 2018

Our family chose this hotel because of it's location on the beach. We had been to Destin but never to the Fort Walton area. Looking on Trip Advisor, it had mostly great reviews. The pictures looked awesome, but the hotel is older and less kept than the pictures portrayed. I felt slight disappointment as soon as I pulled in the parking lot, because the appearance of the front of the building did not seem as I imagined. The building looked dirty on the outside and even the outside furniture, couches, etc. with cushions looked dirty & stained and even had holes and was worn. There is no way I would have sat on them. The actual pool chairs and tables seemed okay. The worst part of the trip was the check-in. The email I received from the hotel stated that check-in was at 3:00. We left our home extremely early and drove 9 hours to arrive at the hotel by 2:30. I wanted the biggest bang for my buck! I went to the front desk and explained that I knew I was a few minutes early for the 3:00 check in but wanted see if our room was ready. I was told that the room wasn't ready and that they wished "they" wouldn't send out emails that said 3:00 because check-in was actually at 4:00. She took my phone number and said that it would be at least 4:00-4:30 before our room was available. We waited in the lobby a while and then decided to go eat and come back. We arrived back around 4:15. I went to the front desk and the room was still not ready. The lady told me that she had my phone number and she told me she would call when the room was ready. We sat down to wait. An hour later, my husband went up to complain because we were still not in our room. It was 5:30 before we were given a room number/room key. When my husband complained and asked to speak to the manager, the lady offered to give us free breakfast passes for the next day and a free drink (we don't drink). My husband explained that really wasn't good enough. They ended up offering to take off a little money from the last night of stay. I told the workers that this was the worst check-in experience we had ever had anywhere.
So we get to the room, one plus is the view. We were on the 5th floor and ocean view was beautiful. The beach was not extremely crowded our whole trip. The room was just okay, but like I said, the facilities appeared much older than the pictures I had seen. There were brown/black stains around the outside of the shower. The door handle on the balcony door was rusted. We always check out the bedding as well. We could visibly see something through one of the pillowcases. It appeared to be a dead moth. Just another problem we did not want to deal with, after all the hassle checking in. My husband took the pillow to the front desk and they gave him a new one. Everything else seemed okay. We did enjoy the location and convenience of our stay. But, the ocean water was full of seaweed or algae. It was no where near as clear as when we had stayed in the Destin area. Overall, I gave our stay an "average" rating. I would probably choose a different hotel and location in the future. On another positive note, we did have a good view for fireworks on July 4th. They were shot off from the pier! We were able to watch from our balcony.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
funandmemorable, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2018

Thank you so much for taking a moment to share your review with us, 79_southpaw. We're pleased to hear that you found the location to great, the view to be beautiful, and enjoyed the fireworks for the 4th too. We have passed along your valuable feedback to our management team and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that you experienced during the check-in process. Also, we very much appreciate the comments regarding aspects of the room that need some maintenance so we can address these issues. It would be such a pleasure to welcome you back for another getaway one day soon! --Krissy

Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

I do not like giving bad reviews and this hotel was very nice and clean and comfortable. And we loved the outdoor pool. But, our first night I went to take a shower and it took a few minutes but had a hard time getting the shower on then could not get the shower off. My husband finally did. Maintenance came after 2 calls to get someone up there and he asked how long has it been like this. It was the day we checked in but I would think housekeeping should have caught this. It took an hour to get this figured out. We were here four nights. Our last day we swam in the am then changed and went out for the day. We came back that night and started packing and are missing my daughters swim bottoms. Her top was in the bathroom still. The top had to have gotten picked up with the towels when they were changed out. Went to the front desk that night and they went back and checked. He said there wasnt anything found matching the description. They told us to ask in the morning. We left early but the people there took a note and said they wouldn't mail them to us even though they would have picked them up. And they had another note there that said someone in another room was missing a swim top. Thought this was interesting. Chose this hotel because it was on the beach and my husband is a spire member so we used points to stay here. Was nice that the hotel was on the beach but I have not been here and wasnt aware that it was algae that makes it the "Emerald" coast. So will not be back here but really enjoyed the Destin area.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Christine121376
funandmemorable, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us, Christine121376. We're so pleased to hear that you found the room to be clean and enjoyed the outdoor pool along with the beachfront location too. We're so sorry to hear about the water issue while visiting with us and have also passed along a note to keep an eye out for swim bottoms so we can mail it to you should we find them. Also, the waters are ever-changing in the area and the algae found in the water is not harmful and is actually hardly noticeable most of the time. It would be such a pleasure to welcome you back to our little slice of paradise one day soon! --Krissy