All reviewsfull kitchenweekend vacationrestaurant next doorsmall kitchenettea stones throwplace to stayhave stayed here several timeswatch the boatsconvenience storeother guestsclean roomspoolsloisfishinginletdockpiers
Reviewed 20 February 2018

The best thing about this place is the size of the room. It is large. The bed(s) is/are comfortable and have lovely clean linen. But there is also a small kitchenette, kitted out with plastic cutlery and real plates etc. So would be a very good choice for someone wanting to a) cook or buy in an b) stay for several days. We arrived late and left quite early, so bed only really. But a well situated spot on a lovely part of the coast.

Stayed: February 2018
Lea C, Manager at Dockside Inn & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2018

Thank you so much for taking your time to give us such a nice review. Hope you are come back and stay with us a little longer.

Reviewed 27 January 2018

This waterfront hotel is trying its best. While some of the hotel was dated, the rooms were clean and beds comfortable. The front desk attendant was extremely friendly and accommodating. We enjoyed the balcony overlooking the water and the use of our kitchenette in our king room.

Stayed: January 2018
1  Thank DoroAnn
Lea C, Manager at Dockside Inn & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2018

Thank you for your Review. Hope you can come back again.
Lea

Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I spent a weekend at dockside inn in November during a visit to the fort launderdale boat show (because the Hutchison island plaza hotel was sold out). We had previously stayed at the plaza hotel next door in September. I was not impressed with dockside’s “ free breakfast “ which consisted of a pre-wrapped muffin and cinnamon roll in a basket ( the plaza had actual hot real breakfast ). Also was disappointed that only one of the two pools was open and the hot tub was not warm ( plaza hot tub was hot). The dockside did not have lighted docks to attract the snook the way plaza did. My biggest complaint about the one bedroom full kitchen hotel room at dockside was the paper thin walls ... we could literally hear “everything” the couple above us was doing ..... from fighting to stomping on the floor to “ other activities “. Had we not already paid for the second night and had we not been too tired (from noise and no sleep ) to drive 3 hours home, we would have just left the next day after night #1. We won’t stay at dockside again.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank April M
Lea C, Manager at Dockside Inn & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2017

We are sorry that you were not pleased with your stay at our hotel. One of our pools was closed for repairs for two days, but our one pool does accommodate all of our guests. We put the wrapped danish and coffee in the rooms because our lobby does not open until 9:00am. We do have snacks items all day in our Lobby. I believe that you might have been happier if you had stayed in our main hotel. It seems that you stayed in the apartments across the street. They are large and many people enjoy staying over there, but the rooms in our main hotel are more updated, but a little more expensive.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

Our family planned a mini weekend vacation in Fort Pierce. We had family that had booked at the Hutchinson Island Plaza (next door), my husband and I booked at the Dockside Inn because the Hutchinson Island Plaza had no availability. I called and talked to someone at Dockside explaining how I had family staying next door and wanted to know if I could have them as guests so that the guys could fish the piers and was told I could have visitors up until 9pm but if they were going to be there after 9pm I would have to add them to my room. Well..... when we checked in it was a TOTALLY different story; I could NOT have guests and couldn't add anyone to my room because I had my 4 year old grandson with me and I was told that my room only accommodated 4 people. I said that my grandson would be sleeping with my husband and me and the front desk clerk said NOPE, can't add anyone, which made no sense; I would still have 1 slot remaining NOT TO MENTION the additions were NOT going to be sleeping in our room anyway, I just wanted the guys to be able to fish together without a hassle!!!! You have to wear armbands so that when security does their rounds they know you are staying there, I was going to pay for additional guests just to get the armbands mainly so that my brother in laws could fish with my husband off the docks.
The Hutchinson Plaza allowed my husband, my grandson, & me to be guests of my family staying there so we were able to enjoy the amenities and have the "Family" vacation that we planned after all!
This is an annual Family vacation we will be doing every year; just not at the Dockside.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank adawn96055
Lea C, Manager at Dockside Inn & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

I have responded to the above review personally and through other websites. Only registered guests are allowed on our property because it is a very popular spot, especially for fishing and boating. If we allowed everyone extra guests there would not be enough room for the guests that are paying to stay with us. Their room is set up for 4 people in the room. They should have been allowed to add 2 extra adults. There was a miscommunication with the guest and the Front Desk Attendant. I have apologized in person and in prior review.
Lea Cahill
Manager

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Always accommodating / clean rooms /.. best view hands down . Born and raised here and we have family get togethers here , even though our parents live on North Beach . 2 minutes and you are out the inlet . Paradise in the Pierce ❤️

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family