All reviews beach bar private balcony south building restaurant downstairs ocean front staff was friendly first floor hutchinson island inlet jetty florida
Reviewed 31 August 2017

I picked this hotel only because I thought it would be less likely to have Wi Fi in every room, and therefore have a lower radiation level. One room facing cellular antennas over the office did have higher than I would accept, but the room facing the ocean had very low reading of 0.0012! That was great.

However, when I walked to the beach, I and other guests were shocked to the see the worst sea shore, I have seen in Florida. It was black with rotted seaweeds and emitted a terrible odor. I could not use that beach, and neither have the other guests.

I was warned that it is an "entertaining" hotel and the music was turned on at 9-10 am into the late hours of the night. The irony was that there were few people there but the music did not stop. If you want to read or watch TV, you need to close the doors and use AC.

Speaking of AC it was very noisy and even if I shut mine off, I heard others non stop. This is not conducive to a relaxing atmosphere.

The room was probably 70s or 80s and some kinds of very small insects were biting me.

The staff I met was friendly, accept for an individual - not sure of his position there- instead of asking how my stay could be improved upon, chose to discredit my issues with smelly, non usable beach and got into an argument with me about EMF sensitivity. This is so inappropriate.

Lastly, The price was outrageous. They charged for this hotel the same as an elegant Marriot with many amenities!

Room Tip: Not for quiet loving or beach gazing individuals
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank SBercu
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Location of this hotel is amazing, no pool but you are right on the beach, and the restaurant downstairs was very good. Live music that you can sit and overlook from the balcony. Room was dark but worked well for our needs. We giggles when we got there because ear plugs are provided. Well...no earplugs could have saved us from the thumping club downstairs once the live music ended around 10pm. The noise level was absolutely ridiculous. On our second morning we came out to the balcony to find tons of cups and beer bottles left from the previous night. If you are one that wants to stay at a place with nightlife, this is it. Otherwise, not a good place for people with kids.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Mama2mme
Reviewed 5 August 2017

When I booked a room at this hotel, I chose an oceanfront room with a wrap-around balcony. See pictures attached. Our room did not have a balcony, it had a wrap-around walkway outside that was accessible to all guests. It was not a private balcony. We have stayed in numerous hotels and been on

Room Tip: If you want a balcony, make sure it says "PRIVATE" balcony!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank penpat13
Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

My wife and I booked a last minute stay with our son on the way home from Orlando to Miami. Was a perfect stay, from our initial contact with the front desk, to outstanding service from Mike with our beach umbrella. I read some negative reviews, regarding an overpriced stay, but I guess those people are not native Floridians like us. One of the best values for a ocean balcony view in the state. If your looking for perfection, stay at the Ritz, if you want to have an amazing time and I repeat simply incredible ocean balcony view on a budget, book it now, we will be back, and yes you are paying for the view! I would suggest staying early in the week if you don't want to hear music in the evening, but we enjoyed the band on Thursday night.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2017

Very dirty aged building , I reserve the Ocean view and I got the back our view restaurant roof . room very dirty ,and stink I never never stay this dirty rat hole . restaurant also dirty and the food very bad . Overpriced cheap motel .... Only good thing right on the beach ...but that all .

Room Tip: have to update , also need better cleaning staff because very dirty
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends