“Very poor food does not justify prices”
Review of Mangrove Mattie's - CLOSED

Mangrove Mattie's
Cuisines: French, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 19 February 2012

In Fort Pierce visiting in-laws for vacation from Boston area. Been to MM's previously with mixed results but wanted to give it another try. Big mistake. Nice atmosphere by the water. Three of us ordered seafood newburg. Menu described as shrimp, lobster, scallops and fish in newburg sauce with puff pastry. No lobster or fish - only tiny shrimp and scallops. Newburg sauce was very watery. No puff pastry - kitchen didn't tell staff that they were out! $22 was way too much for sub-par entree. Complained to manager who only comped us one meal - should have been at least two. Prime rib was good, but salad lettuce was brown and my daughter's order was wrong. Overall, very poor quality food for $150 bill. If a restaurant is charging $20+ for an entree, it needs to be much higher quality. We will not be returning to MM's again.

Reviewed 17 February 2012

Everything was great , from the manager to the pricing , FANTASTIC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed 30 January 2012

I went there the other night with my family for my sister-in-laws birthday. It wasn't too busy we went around 7:00 and it was nice. Staff was friendly and very good refilling the drinks. Food was good a little over priced if you ask me. Everyone seemed to enjoy their dinner. I would go again.

Reviewed 27 January 2012

My husband took me as a belated birthday dinner. Service and food were wonderful. We've been several times and never had anything bad. Oysters Rockafeller always a favorite. Got the shrimp scampi/steak combo. Very surprised at the gigantic size of the steak, had to take it home! Was extremely well prepared. Favorite thing was the real mashed potatoes. Worth the trip just for them. As Arnold says, "I'll be back!"

1  Thank Rita P
Reviewed 13 January 2012

nothing to write home to mom about and not a good value