All reviews basic continental breakfast cinnamon rolls non smoking room port st beds were comfortable fl cereal rates lucie
Reviewed 14 March 2018

If there is any other option close to this hotel then choose that one. We were stopping late at night and booked this room at the last minute. I didn't except 5 star service or anything but for $140 I expected a clean room and to be treated friendly by the staff. However, the front desk woman was extremely rude right off the bat. I asked her a simple question and she started yelling at me that, 'I was the one to come so late so I was out of luck. I will get what I get and I should feel lucky'. I was too tired to deal with her that evening but we were treated just as poorly the next morning at checkout. The room itself was semi-clean but I found a hand towel hanging next to the sink covered in black hair and yellowish/brown marks that looked pretty fresh. This towel had definitely not been washed. The room was very loud being right next to the main street. The free breakfast was terrible. If there are any positives I would say the location is close to the water and there is a big, easily accessible parking lot. Other than that I would not recommend this hotel to anybody. I've stayed in other Super 8's that were at least clean and friendly. This was not one of them.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 March 2018

I work in the travel industry for many years and have written reviews for hotels that my company blocks group space for. I will write a review as a guest and not working/vacation stay. I do not know nor am I related to the owner or management nor the Super 8 chain/brand.

First impression of hotel upon arrival was the exterior of the building had newer fresh paint. No litter nor debris. The small pool area was well maintained with no leaves nor litter in the pool.

The check in was fast and courteous. I found the owner Kevin most pleasant and kind, polite and professional and I could tell he put money into updating and maintaining the hotel.

First impression of room on second floor, room 204 with two double beds. The rooms had recently been updated with very cool and interested art work, fresh paint and the furniture had no wear indicating newer furniture and well maintained.

The bedding was newer, clean. The sheets were newer, clean with not stains.

The bed was very comfortable and just as comfortable as any Courtyard by Marriott or Holiday Inn or Holiday Inn/Express or Hampton Inn.

I inspected the bathroom which had a separate shower/tub toilet from the sink vanity.
The room was spot on clean. No mold as is common in Florida, as a Florida resident with the high heat and humidity mold is a weekly battle with chemicals with 95 degree days and 100 percent humidity.

The sink and vanity was clean. There was ample space to hang clothes.
The mirror in the bathroom had not chips or nicks or wear in the corners as is common with the nightly use.

The room had a small fridge that kept my Diet Coke cold. A small microwave above the fridge. The flat screen TV appeared newer and worked perfectly for the little time I was in the room.

The water pressure in the sink was low but it is low in my home in Orlando. However the water pressure in the shower was fine and the water was hot when I needed it to be.

The issue of smoking rooms was addressed. I believe the owner said they have just eight smoking rooms in the back section of the hotel. Separated as far as possible as the owner of Indian decent advised he did not want his non smoking guests to encounter any smoke or smoke smell.

Now does an inconsiderate previous guest sometimes smoke in a non smoking room, this happens too often. Kevin addressed this advising the credit card of the smoker in a non smoking room would be charged a cleaning fee to dry clean the bedding and shampoo the carpet.

So please do as I did and politely ask for a non smoking room and my room 204 had no smoke order.

I do not understand the previous reference to racial profiling. The entire staff were polite to a guest whom was polite and respectful to them.

The breakfast area of the hotel is shared with the lobby. I would call this light cold continental. Cereals, pastries and such. No hot food. Lots of coffee with regular and a flavored creamers. I asked if I could take a package cinnamon roll to go and was told yes. Now I have seen some guests grab five or six to go and then I could see being told politely no. What is reasonable and what is not is an individual determination both to the guest and the hotel staff.

Remember a Super 8 is not a Marriott/Ritz. In high season like February and March the rates are high compared to May and September, just high demand dictates higher costs per room night.

To summarize the value exceeded for what I paid or met what I paid and I would return.

Happy travels, peace and sunny days wishes to all travelling to Florida.

Room Tip: No elevator to second floor of motel as this is a motor inn. I ask for second floor and a bit back from busy US 1.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 March 2018

I booked this for a visiting family member and am appalled. The room had mold and roaches. The breakfast is useless there is only space for 2 people in the room and you cant remove anything not even a roll you have to eat it in the tiny room. They also yelled and threatened charges for having a smoke in the parking lot nowhere near the rooms. They are not worth a tenth of what they are charging and need new management quick!

Room Tip: Pick somewhere else
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 February 2018

The motel is in the middle of an industrial area but we were fishing and it was the only room available at the time. Room was clean enough except for the used soap in the bathtup.
There is a good bar within walking distance.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

I booked a stay at this motel through my Wyndham app. Reserved and paid for a non smoking room. When I arrived on the property and walked into the office, the Indian owner looks at me as if I disgust her. After the check in I was told no guest after 9pm. If I decided to have a guest after 9pm it was 11.95 extra to the bill. I Was given a smoking room that smelled like a Winston factory. When I went to the front office to address this problem, I was told that I smell like cigar smoke and would not be able to rent any non smoking room. I Was then told to leave the property. I Captured 4minutes worth of video footage of total discrimination because My skin is dark. This Motel nor said owner never even said sorry to me. I’m taking the proper steps to get justice and prevent this from happening again.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo