“peaceful, serene, educational and fun, too!”

Motorized Kayak Adventures
Ranked #1 of 32 Tours in Fort Pierce
More attraction details
Owner description: Motorized Kayak Tours! Enjoy a breath-taking guided three hour motorized kayak tour of part of Florida's Indian River Lagoon. With over 4000 species of plants and animals, it is the most diverse estuary in North America. Easy to use, our kayaks come with small pollution-free electric motors and a simple steering system that will allow you to relax and enjoy the scenic beauty of the lagoon’s wildlife.
Columbus, Ohio
“peaceful, serene, educational and fun, too!”
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Billy's 3 hour motorized kayak tour of the Indian River mangroves in Fort Pierce has it all. The weather was springtime warm and sunny, the kayaks drifted silently and almost effortlessly through the mangroves, and Billy was right there pointing out birds and foliage. He is so knowledgeable about the area spinning historical tales, interesting side notes and ecological tips. His passion for this area is inspiring - he just makes you want to be more respectful of this natural beauty and all this without being preachy. His wife, Linda, joined us taking photos which were downloaded to us right away so we could easily share our adventure. It was an absolutely delightful few hours, one of the highlights of a wonderful vacation and I would do it again.

New York
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Great outing for all ages”
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Based on TA's reviews I decided to take my son [12 yo] and parents [mid 70s] on this adventure - my parents were on a 2 seater and my son and i had our ow kayak. All age groups will enjoy the places the kayak allows you to explore...This was all under the watchful eye of Bill and Linda, who both shared enormous insight of region's fish, birds, crabs, river porpoises [very cool] etc...and clearly loved showing us a part of their regions's beauty. We took the jungle cruise, it lasted 4 hours definitely worth the $. The kayak's take a minute to get the hang of and then you are off for an adventure. I highly recommend.

1 Thank chrstn43
Jensen Beach, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fun! Fun! Fun!”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

My sister and I went on the motorized kayak tour in the mangroves in the Port St Lucie Indian River with Billy as our guide. We had a tandem kayak and found it easy to operate giving us more time to enjoy our beautiful, serene surroundings. Billy LOVES what he does and does it well. He is informative, and fun to be around! His assistant, Linda was helpful and pleasant. Believe me when I tell you that this is one of the best excursions you will probably ever take. Peace, nature, tranquility.....something we all need!

3 Thank Barb B
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The trip was worth every penny and then some!”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

We had a great time touring the mangrove forest/jungle. Our guides were very helpful and knowledgable. It was the best tour that we have ever had in Florida. If you are into eco tours, this is the one for you. Our trip took 4 hours, and I highly recommend that you use the bathroom facilities prior to leaving. In addition, make sure you take some towels to place on the seats of the kayak, because the plastic seats are quite rigid. We may well take a midnight ride next.

1 Thank Bill C
washington, dc
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Great sights; no effort”
Reviewed 19 February 2012

3 hours in a mangrove jungle on a beautiful Florida day. What more could two couples from the "North" ask for?
Billy and LInda, our tour guides, were wonderful and knowledgable.
We only paddled in a narrow short waterway covered above and to the side by mangrove trees.
Manatees were waiting for warmer water.