All reviews the heart of times square within walking distance rooms are small fort myers across the street perfect location last minute trip short walk to the beach short stay mini fridge great little place full size refrigerator small kitchen a great place to stay estero blvd heated pool love this place
Reviewed 23 July 2018

This is an older style "beach" type property with a few different sections. We stayed in the cottage style room which worked out perfect for us. They maintain the hotel very well. The hotel itself is unique with it's tiki areas, grills, boat docks and location. The best of Ft. Myers beach is literally around the comer.We will return.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2018

We stayed at Shipweck in mid June. I agree with most of the previous reviews of this cute motel. The recently renovated motel is clean and very conveniently located in the center of the island's attractions. Everything is within walking distance. Two un-mentioned advantages of staying at this motel are ....free parking and it's location on the island. Free parking at this motel is golden as not only parking at the area is very limited during peak time, it is also crawling with "Parking Enforcement" officers. I was really glad that we do not have to worry about parking as I witness these PE officers write ticket after ticket. The second advantage of staying at this motel is it's location at the beginning of Estero Blvd. Estero BLVD is not only the only main drag along the island, it is also constantly under construction. During winter times, as the population swells, traffic jam is the biggest complain. One almost unbelievable locals said that it takes him 3 hours drive to get out of the island. Staying at the Shipwreck will avoid this irritation for sure.

One advice: we stayed in room 40 (west end or closer to the beach site). Despite its proximity to the restaurant and clubs, the location of this and other rooms around it are very secluded and quit. We are not sure about the rooms on the east end of the complex. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the beach or west side are more secluded
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2018

The Shipwreck is in the heart of "Time Square". You only need to walk across the street to eat, drink, and dance. It is connected to a huge tourist store, so you can easily pick up anything you forgot before heading down to the beach. The "quiet" end of the beach was about a 15 minute walk that takes you past a 24/7 7 Eleven, which was also very convenient.

The motel has a small marina, with some covered seating and picnic-y things. It was a nice place to have coffee in the am. The room had a full size refrigerator and the kitchen things were all in working order. The beds were surprisingly comfortable - very comfortable, and we are very picky about that. The room was clean but could use a freshening up.

My only complaint is due to the exterior doors and the common area that is outside it. Everyone hangs out there to smoke. So even though your room is smoke-free you can smell it drifting in from the outdoors. Surprisingly, we didn't hear much noise from outside during the night.

We would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

We hadn’t been to the area before , so glad we chose this motel , lovely big room and a great shower .
This motel is right in the heart of beach area and everything is In Walking distance .
Pool areas ok , no umbrella for shade though .

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fifibedinburgh
Reviewed 7 April 2018

We were travelling with friends from Europe and I booked 2 rooms in my name and paid the full deposit for both rooms. I was assured that when checking in, our friends would be able to have their room listed in their names, pay for their room on their credit card and my deposit for both rooms would be applied to my room and just pay the difference. The clerk on duty said he couldn't change the name, but was able to charge our friends for their room in full. He then wanted to charge me an additional Sat night rate (Sat is higher in price than Sun and Mon) and said our friends would owe me money. When I asked why I would have to pay a Sat rate for a Mon, the answer I was given is "You already paid 2 Sat rates." Thankfully, Ashley came along and straightened everything out including correcting the name on the second room. Rooms are small and tired and WiFi was out all weekend until Mon afternoon. When checking out, I asked for the name of the owner. I was told there is no individual owner, just a corporation and not given the name and address. They game me a slip of paper with the Shipwreck address and told to write there and my letter would be sent to the proper people. Sure, I also believe in Santa Claus.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Front Desk M, Public Relations Manager at Shipwreck Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate both the good and not so good feedback. Hearing from our guests is our only way to improve. We apologize for the inconvenience you had to experience during check in. We have been making improvements to our motel little by little. If you choose to stay with us again and We hope that you do I would love to make sure that you stay in one of our recently renovated rooms. We did hear from other guests about our Wi-Fi strength not being strong during certain parts of the day in the past. The Wi-Fi is currently working well. Thanks again for your feedback and we hope to see you again.