All reviews breakfast room restaurants and bars ft beach cottage myers florida
Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

Room smells bad, wifi is very weak, can only see a sliver of the beach, no onsite staff, sparse furnishings, bathtub/shower looks gross, air conftooner unreliable & noisy & appears to be taped to the wall. Not worth the considerable amount of money it rents for. Look elsewhete.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jean H
Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

Check in is not easy. You check in/get keys at the Flamingo Hotel. It's at least a 15 minutes away--each way drive during traffic. Check in lady was pleasant. The location to the beach is great, but that's about it.

I would never stay there again. My husband and I love the old beachy type hotels, and we were very aware that this wasn't a Hilton. All I expect is cleanliness, and this place is gross. I killed many ants, and the shower was too disgusting for me to shower in without wearing my beach shoes. The in room refrigerator was also dirty with previous guests hair. It has a window a/c and it never was strong enough, even with ceiling fan on. It wasn't terribly hot out, so not a huge deal--I can't imagine how hot you'd be if temp was warm.

The beds were like rocks...sheets were old, quilt was even older. They do not come and do housekeeping or even refresh your towels. It's not easy to stay on a beach while conserving a very small amount of towels.

Last..as soon as we got to a room, I noticed that it didn't have an iron and some of my clothes were a wreck from the travel. I called Flamingo and they said they'd drop one off tomorrow (which would have been Thursday). Thursday morning, I called Flamingo to 'remind them' about the iron. They said that it'd be there in a couple of hours. By Thursday night, it still wasn't there, so I called again and it was finally delivered on Friday. (Hey, it only took em 3 days). Also, several of the vertical blinds over the sliding glass door are broken...so, expect early morning sunlight and other guests looking into your room. It's really just all bad. Find somewhere else to stay

I'm just going to show you this pic of the tub-that's about all the needs to be sai!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fishersindy
Reviewed 23 February 2018

Upon arrival we had to drive past the Beacon for 3 mile to pick up the key at the Flamingo Inn. This round trip took over and hour due to traffic. We arrived on Sunday in the evening only to find our door handle about to fall off. Called front desk went unanswered. Called Monday morning with a response that someone would be by soon. Monday came and went. Tuesday morning I went to leave and I couldn't get the door handle to turn to let me out. Glad there wasn't an emergency. After several minutes of trying I finally was able to open the door. Call front desk again and they assured me someone would be right there. After several hours, nothing. Decided to walk to the hardware store to by a screwdriver and fix handle myself. Two screws and few turns and it was fixed. Repairman show up at 8pm. Sent him away. Next concern was A/C. Loud window shaker held in place with duct tape. Towel rack falling down in bathroom. Tub took over a hour to drain. Not a problem if you don't mind standing in bath water when you shower. No breakfast in sight. Poor wifi. No maid service. No clean towel for five days. Noisy with loud music and partying every night until 3am. Early wake up call with trash and delivery trucks. If you like ants this is where you want to stay. This was a totally exhausting miserable place to stay. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE UNLESS YOU LIKE DISAPPOINTMENT!!!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else. Anywhere else!
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank PaulB8997
Reviewed 11 February 2018

We had to stop three miles down the road to get keys and check in at the Flamingo. Upon arriving we found the floor was covered with sand as was the bed. Sliding glass door would not open so we could look at the ocean and feel the nice breeze. No coffee pot in room and one small bar of soap for a three day stay. Had to run the maid down and ask her for soap and towel's. When I called the flamingo they told me they were not responsible for the maid service. That was the only number we had. The A/C turned off and on all night so I finally turned it to fan so it would stay on. The toilet has a leak so it filled up about every 10 minuets. For $200.00 dollars a night these owners should be ashamed. Also, the bar next door was loud until about 2am and we didn't sleep much with the other problems we had. Will never stay here again or recommend to any of our friends . So many other nice places to stay in Fort Myers beach and Sanibel, Captiva............Don't waste your money here even if you have to pay a little more its worth it....stayed Jan 28,29,30

Room Tip: don't choose a room here period
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Maverick7899
Reviewed 7 January 2018

Stayed at the Beacon 2 nights in January 2nd and 3rd, Had to drive 3 miles past it to get the keys and register. We paid 264.00 per night,was supposed to include a breakfast of some type. Was not even offered ,not to be found. Unfortunatly the weather was in the low 40's very untypical of Ft Meyers. The room did not have any heat,really cold used extra blanket. Most importantly the NOISE .The bar next to the Beacon is the cottage,EVERY night they have a band to at least 12:00. I loved the Cottage Bar,especially when I wasn't tryin to sleep. Heard the music to 12 then the people leaving and probably the packing up of the band,taking out garbage after closes ETC. Then finally some sleep,only to be woken at 5 or 6 AM of the garbage trucks and possibly the delivey trucks. Understand I LOVE Beach hotels and I am not disturbed by the conditions of the room as long as they are clean. This was WAY OVERPRICED and we felt very cheated by this property. If you like to party till the cows come home you will proably sleep through it. Otherwise Avoid at all Costs.

Room Tip: Get another hotel,also room 6's deadbolt didn't work
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple