All reviewsgull wingthree bedroomwet barfull size washer and dryerisland viewmaster bedroomlarge kitchenwalk in closetsouth endpool and hot tubtennis courtspool areagreat condolaundry detergentscreened balconyfamily vacationsantini plaza
Reviewed 18 April 2016 via mobile

The resort was perfect for a short getaway with my mother. The layout of the condo was perfect with the master on one side and the 2nd bedroom and bathroom on the other. The screened in porch was spacious and had a great view especially as we were on the 9th floor.

The condo was clean, the bathrooms were recently updated and very nice, the beds were reasonably comfortable and the furnishings were fine. The condo was furnished with most everything you might need and daily towel replacement and trash removal was included.

The pool was nothing fancy, but it had plenty of chairs and a snack bar that served hot dogs, nachos, fruit smoothies, ice cream and such. The prices were not cheap, but they were reasonanle. A cess to the beach was super easy and the chair rental stand was right in front of the hotel. The fee was pretty standard at $20 per day for 2 chairs and an umbrella.

The staff was friendly and parking was a breeze. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank jefnerbbq
SunStream M, General Manager at GullWing Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2016

Dear jefnerbbq,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a detailed review. It’s great to hear how much you enjoyed your stay, from our spacious accommodations to our friendly team. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we hope you return soon for another relaxing getaway!

Reviewed 14 April 2016 via mobile

Let me preface this review by letting you know that this is only our second vacation to the Gulf coast of Florida, the first being to Siesta Key two years ago. Last year we visited Costa Rica and had the most amazing trip imaginable and the cost was relatively the same as what we paid for our stay at GullWing. I imagine we've set ourselves up for some future disappointing Spring Breaks.

At GullWing we had an oceanfront 3 bed 2 bath condo (Room 206, I think) which was certainly spacious enough for our family of five (kids ages 7,10,13). We enjoyed the view but as we were on the the 2nd floor, we had no privacy. We were literally on top of the pool. It was incredibly loud so it wasn't enjoyable to sit on the balcony except first thing in the morning. That was disappointing, as were the bathrooms. Paying over $5000 for a week, I expected more. They were dated with a lot of wear and tear. The master shower really needed the caulking replaced. Yuck. And we had a little ant problem, too. The other gripe I had about the condo was a lack of supplies. We chose to eat out every day for all three meals, but had I wanted to, I wouldn't have been able to cook a proper meal. Almost every single drawer was empty. In addition, it would have been nice to have a few cleaning supplies such as Windex. Wi-fi was problematic for my husband.

The front desk was very kind and responded quickly to our ant problem. I also appreciated the ability to buy sunscreen there and the free coffee in the morning.

The pool was also a disappointment to me. I hated how close it was to the building and the lack of greenery. There was nothing pretty to look at while you sat there. I think we spent 5 minutes there all week. The snack bar was a nice convenience for the kids who could charge a hot dog and slushy to the room. The prices were good.

The beach was where we spent most of our time. We rented umbrellas and chairs at a reasonable $20/day, which was nice. The soft, white sand stayed cool so the long walk to the water (the beach is very wide) was pleasant. We enjoyed playing in the water and seeing schools of rays along the sandbar. The water was pretty murky compared to Siesta Key but I had read something about a river flooding so that may not be normal.

We visited Pinchers (to the left of the hotel as you face the water) most days for lunch and the Outrigger (to the right) for breakfast once. I love being able to walk along a beach to a restaurant and eat in your suit and bare feet. That was probably the thing we liked the best about our location. My kids would have eaten at Pinchers for every meal if we would have let them. The beach was crowded by my standards, but not overly so and much quieter than the north end, from what I'm told.

I did not love the area as its not the kind of place that I would let my older kids ride a bike and go exploring. Traffic is bad and it's not attractive, in my opinion. However, I'm beginning to understand that I'm a South Carolina low-country beach kind of girl, not a Florida girl. That said, Lover's Key is really pretty and I would have loved to spend time kayaking there, but my kids were getting eaten by bugs, which never seem to bite me.

We had a great vacation being together and also with friends, but I won't be back. I feel that there are so many other places that cost the same amount that offer a lot more. If the cost were more reasonable, my opinion would be different. Or maybe if I hadn't splurged on oceanfront it would have been more aligned with my expectations.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank mbntn74
SunStream M, General Manager at GullWing Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2016

Dear mbntn74,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a detailed review. While we’re glad you enjoyed our friendly team and beachfront location, we’re disappointed to hear certain aspects of our resort did not meet your expectations. Please know that we are currently in the process of renovating all of our bathrooms, which will be complete by the beginning of May. We appreciate your feedback and will certainly use your experience to focus on areas in which we may improve.

Reviewed 14 April 2016

We have been coming to the Gull Wing now for four years. It is a small, friendly resort right on the beach in a quiet, beautiful part of Florida. The apartment is large, well equipped and very accessible to all amenities. Resort staff are friendly, helpful and willing to assist with pretty much everything.

Room Tip: Bay View condo's have a great view of the beach and the waterways behind. Front facing condo's are facing the beach but do get the sun.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family

Dear Rosemary A,

Thank you for taking a moment to review your recent stay. We’re delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay, from our friendly team to our spacious, fully appointed accommodations. We appreciate your feedback and hope you come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 31 March 2016

We recently stayed at this beautiful condo from March 25 through March 29th. Our accommodations were amazing; a really spacious condo with all the amenities from home. Our initial check in was smooth and very, very friendly. What a welcome to this hotel. A very quick walk to the beach through the pool area. Condo is directly on the beach and the white sand is amazing. The amenities in the condo were great, although the housekeeping service was a bit abrupt at times when we asked for amenities to be replenished (we were 7 in the condo). On Easter Sunday there were chocolates at the desk which was very nice of the staff to do for those who celebrate. The coffee in the reception is not bad at all, but at 8am the coffee is sometimes low because the maintenance and housekeeping also use it. This is definitely a place to book if you are looking for a family getaway. It is worth the money. Get your groceries, etc. at the local Walmart, much cheaper than Publix. If you are looking for a great meal, check out South Beach which is next to the CVS down the street. WiFI access was sketchy at times, but worked okay.

Room Tip: Ask for the Ocean View, it's worth it.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
SunStream M, General Manager at GullWing Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2016

Dear greenblonde,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We’re so glad you had such a great time at our resort, from our spacious accommodations to our beachfront location. We appreciate your feedback and hope you join us again soon for another relaxing getaway!

Reviewed 31 March 2016

We had a 3 bedroom bay view room (more like a parking lot view) the furnishings in the living room were so uncomfortable we didn't even use the room. Bedrooms came with 2 useable pillows, with no extras in closets. No extra blankets or pillows like you can find in any low level hotel. The pool snack bar was over advertised and quite disappointing. We stayed 6 nights and our 3rd night we were asked to move being upgraded to 'better' room with 4 kids and 2 adults it is less than optimal. The outdoor noise was terrible. Around 6:30 every morning there were loud trucks, banging metal, and back up beeps that were so loud my kids didn't sleep later than 6:30. The room we had backed up to the maintence closet and loud washer and dryers that was hard to sleep with as well. We have stayed here before and were very pleased. This stay was throughly disappointing and we will not stay here again despite the beautiful beach.

Room Tip: Bay view rooms are very loud
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family

Dear ftmyers126,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. The experience you have described does not live up to the standards we have set for ourselves, and we sincerely apologize for that. This is certainly not typical of our establishment. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you would like to discuss your stay further.