“Ask for Allen”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Esterra Salon & Spa
Reviewed 16 May 2015

If you need to be HEARD when choosing a massage therapist, ask for Allen. He's so attentive and does little extras to pamper. His personal energy is fantastic and I was quite comfortable with him upon meeting him. He even stayed much later than closing to give me a thorough massage with champagne at the end. Can't say enough good things about him.

1  Thank beachdoll_11

Reviewed 3 May 2015

Three of us had our hair done on the same afternoon. We would rate our results as three-stars, one-star, and two-stars respectively. One hairdo was OK, one was terrible, and one looked passable but completely fell apart in less than an hour. It was obvious after just a few minutes that the stylist did not know what she was doing. Don't waste your money here.

Reviewed 5 December 2014

We got married on the Ft. Myers Beach July of 2014 and my wife had her hair and makeup done at this salon. She loved her hair and makeup when she was done. She raved about how they made sure her hair was just as she wanted it for the wedding photos. She had a great experience there. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Roy W
Reviewed 29 August 2014

I gave them 6 months for the manager to call me back and smooth this out. I am no stranger to spas or customer service. Watch out for extra charges is right! My boyfriend bought me a spa package for valentine's day. when i went, it was the end of the day and the workers were obviously tired and sluggish.
its normal they try to get you to upgrade but they trick you into it. for the massage they ask you " how much pressure do you like" i said medium to hard, then they dont bother to tell you that is a deep tissue and will be more $. i agreed to upgrade the facial to a mask that i totally did not enjoy. it was uncomfortable and thick and not a refreshing beach treatment at all. everything she used was a different scent seemed to be out of order, maybe she was just filling in.
At the end when i was ready to pay and tip for the services. i thought i had agreed to a $15 upgrade. i had a gift certificate for a 1hr massage and European facial. it ended up costing me almost $100 extra. once i upgraded i not only had to pay for the upgrade but the difference between the menu price and what my boyfriend had actually paid at the time of the special and what it cost on the day i went. after a long unintelligent conversation and math lesson with the receptionist. i can home frustrated and stressed.
I am a resident of the island for over 15 years. I work at a local restaurant and run a small charter boat business. i recommend visitors to local businesses all day long and i will never recommend Esterra Spa.

5  Thank LabCaptain
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I agree with the review written by "not what I expected" in 2012.While on vacation I scheduled a 30 min. massage for my daughter and myself. The women giving the message (Mary) walked in and suggested I get a deep tissue message for $10.00 extra dollars. When I said I was not interested shed asked if medium pressure would be OK. I said yes. She did not mention a charge for medium pressure. The message was pretty average. The surprise came when I went to pay the bill. The receptionist charged me an extra $10.00 for my daughters massage and $10.00 extra dollars for my massage. It bothered me that the two ladies who did the massages automatically added the extra $10.00 to my bill even though I had declined the deep tissue. I got really upset when the receptionist talked to Mary who did my message and said she would only charge me $5.00 for a "medium" pressure message. It's not the money, I can afford the extra charge but I don't like deceptive practices. If I call and ask for a $50.00 dollar massage that is what I should get. Don't nickel and dime your customers it doesn't reflect well on your business. I asked for a manager and the receptionist said there wasn't one there. I was so upset I paid the extra $20.00 just to get out of there but I am hoping this serves as a warning to others.

8  Thank MJM762014