1,847 results
All reviewsdeckside cafeacross the streetresort viewlive musiccharley's boathousenice tiki barguest servicesdeck areastandard roomlarge deckon site restaurantbreakfast buffetwhite sandground floorconch shellstiki hutocean front
Reviewed 7 July 2018

We have been coming here since 2011. The hotel has made notably improves in the rooms, they look great. The staff is very nice and always remembers us when we come. This June 2018 would have been our 8th anniversary weekend at the Outrigger. But it was not the weekend we hoped for. I got critically/deathly ill, fire rescue was called I was in ICU for 4 days hospitalized for a total of 12 days. The staff respond to the emergency very quickly and helpful. Refunded unused days. We will most diffidently be back next year and hopefully enjoy it again. Glen & Anni

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
PP_OBR, Front Office Manager at Outrigger Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

We hope you are feeling better Mrs. Anni and we'll look forward to seeing you next year!

Reviewed 2 July 2018

We spent three nights at this hotel from June 11th to June 14th. This was our second visit, our first being fifteen years ago, it hasn’t lost any of it’s charm and despite the title of the review it’s clear that upgrade works have been carried out and were still ongoing on one block while we were there.

This hotel is all about it’s location situated right on the beach which is so wide and beautiful white sand, it’s around four miles from the pier, bars, restaurants and shopping of Fort Myers Beach.

We were lucky enough to receive a complimentary upgrade to a beach front utilities room and were allocated room 105 on the ground floor. This turned out to be a self contained large apartment, which had a large king size bed (which personally I found too high and difficult to transfer on to - it was very comfortable though) with a wall mounted tv facing it, a kitchen, fridge/freezer, dining table with four chairs, a lounge area with large wall mounted tv, a two seater settee and armchair. The bathroom contained a roll-in shower with a hand held shower. There was a small patio area with a table and two chairs and a view of the beach to die for.

However being wheelchair disabled there were a couple of negatives about the room.

Firstly the room had a step to the entrance which had make shift cement ramp to the pavement which was way to steep, the door also opened outwards was on a very strong spring and without the assistance of my wife would have been impossible to gain entry. So if you’re travelling on your own be aware.

Secondly the bathroom was quite narrow and in my opinion a lot of it was taken up with the sink unit. I had to lift up the toilet seat in order to access the shower area. I am able to weight bare but if you couldn’t you would struggle to transfer onto the shower seat.

Finally the room has a small lockable safe using a key. However this is situated in wardrobe and on the wall six feet from the floor. So if you’re an independent wheelchair traveller don’t expect to lock any valuables away.

Despite these negative comments the room was lovely.

Wheelchair access around the hotel is good, though the ramp onto the sun deck was very steep. However it’s a great place to top up the tan or eat from the Deckside Cafe. The hotel also has a special chair to access the beach, I wasn’t aware of this until the day until the day before we left, so didn’t use it on this occasion.

The Deckside Cafe as good wheelchair access and was open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Though other than a four mile drive there isn’t a lot of choice, however the food is excellent and very reasonably priced.

One food option is Charley’s Steak House opposite the hotel. The dinner we had there one night was superb.

The hotel has a small pool but not accessible lift to gain entry and a Tiki Bar next to it which is very popular especially in the evenings.

Despite the negative comments about the room, which were based purely looking from a disabled travellers point of view, we would choose this hotel the next time we visit the Fort Myers Beach area.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
PP_OBR, Front Office Manager at Outrigger Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2018

Dear Mr. Alan,

Your feedback is very much appreciated and your observations will be passed along. Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 1 July 2018

This was our 1st stay and after reading reviews, we hoped we'd feel the same. The ORR well exceeded our expectations and the service was excellent. Our room was a West View and it was well worth the nightly rate with the view of the beach. It's a great place to stay with your family and even a trip with friends.

Room Tip: West View is perfect for a beach view
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

While certainly not your new, high end hotel, it's well maintained, has a great beachside bar, and comfortable rooms. The pool is smaller, but nice, the beach is excellent, and there is a picnic area with gas and charcoal grills if you're looking for a simple night in. The grocery store is only about a mile away. It is a bit of a distance to the happening beach area, where the ocean activities and tons of bars and restaurants are located, so I'd recommend renting a car. We'd definitely stay here again!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Adam S
Reviewed 29 June 2018

We've stayed here many times through the years and even though I've written about it before I thought it was time for an update. This hotel is still a hidden gem and a bargain. The Ritz Carlton it is not. But that is what sets it apart. It's old school Florida the way it used to be. You can tell they are dumping some money into the place because all the rooms appear to be updated with modern amenities. Our room overlooked the beach, pool, tiki bar. The room was clean and spartan. The beach is one of the widest, softest, powdery expanses of beach I've ever seen. Service is above and beyond with smiles all around. I had problems with my reservation through Expedia and when I called the hotel and spoke with Eric, he cancelled my reservation with Expedia and got me a better room at a lower rate! Are you kidding me?!?! Special shout out to the tiki bar bartenders, Phil, Kim, and the two Kevin's. This is definitely our go to hotel in southwest Florida.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple