All reviews mel's diner room was clean continental breakfast oatmeal fresh fruit ft myers pet
Reviewed 8 May 2018

The overall place was clean and they were constantly working on things which was good, but rooms still had minor petty issues. Pool area was super nice and the parking and all were secluded from street. Clean outside and room was super quiet on second floor. No issues. Staff were all pleasant and quick to help. Price was good. Room was well stocked and comfy king bed-loved the microwave with dual plug ins on the front and the fridge. TV worked great. The breakfast was the downfall-we come here mainly for the ability to have pets with and also the included breakfast-very little to choose from and no fruit or real waffles-this was super disappointing and I guess we ask from now on what is included when booking as this makes the stay for us much more economical.

Room Tip: Second floor
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

La Quinta caused us so much grief for our group. The National office cancelled our rooms the week before arrival. Did not offer any suggestions on where else to stay. I was never called so I called this hotel and the national office and neither supposedly had my reservation, however they charged us later for the room. It was a nightmare for all of us with so many weird stories. Never gain will I reserved a large group at any of their hotels after this experience.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 February 2018

We were greeted by a wonderful staff....especially manager Andrea who went above and beyond to make our stay perfect! The hotel is not elite but truly warm and enjoyable! The rooms were adequate with very comfortable beds and a quiet night.
The breakfast was delicious and staff was always making sure everything was refilled. The fresh fruit was so good! They had waffles, eggs, bagels, muffins, oatmeal...
On the afternoon we arrived we soon were smelling wonderful peanut butter cookies and able to eat one fresh and warm....mmmm!
It was too cool to use the pool-it was small but looked inviting.
Again, the staff was so friendly....that makes this place a great memory-if we ever are in the area we will probably look them up again....thanks to all!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 January 2018 via mobile

When you book a hotel room a month in advance, receive a reminder confirmation 3 days before the date and then get a phone message the night before that your room is cancelled... this isn’t acceptable. The reason given was renovations but wouldn’t a hotel know well in advance of work to be done?
To add insult to injury, an email was sent to us the morning of our reservation saying too bad WE had a change of plans.
Would not recommend this La Quinta location.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

I made this reservation after reading reviews about renovations being bad. I called the front desk 3 weeks prior to booking and was told hotel was done but lobby was still under construction. After being assured the hotel was fine I booked and arrived on January 26, 2018. There were maybe 4-5 rooms being used counting ours.
When I walked in, it appeared clean but there was a used aerosol can to mask the smells in the room. There was no water and the phone didn't work. While walking to the front desk I noticed that a bunch of doors were open and none of the rooms I looked in even had furniture much less finished from the construction. The clerk's were idiots and acted like they didn't know anything and asked if we were told the water was out when we checked in, NOPE, not even a hint. Good news the water came on at about 520 and was yellow brown and smelled like sulfur and dirty pipes and sewer. I ran the water for 30 minutes and it didn't get any better but I had to stop running the water because the drain was clogged.
Finally, decided I had had enough and checked out. There was another man and his wife and baby in a near by room that had a construction workers foot come through the ceiling of their room yesterday and they had the same water problems but couldn't afford to go somewhere else since they were using points and no other La Quinta would take points today.
$150 was the most I had ever paid for a La Quinta until I went to check into the last room available at the Ft. Myers airport $190 later and we have a room.
Would have switched hotels but hard to find a hotel that takes pets and we had our 14 week old puppy with us. Going to look elsewhere in the future, this is a game changer for crappy hotels and hotels gouging people for rooms still in a hurricane effected area.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends