“Special order cake terribly dry”
Review of Yum Yum Cakes

Yum Yum Cakes
Ranked #13 of 21 Bakeries in Fort Myers
Reviewed 28 November 2016 via mobile

I made a special order for a two-tiered cake for a friend's birthday. The top tier was red velvet and the bottom tier vanilla both separated by buttercream. The cake was nicely presented and decorated with fondant which I personally don't care for taste-wise but it looked pretty. The cake was terribly dry. It was nice and high with a sparse smear of butter cream between layers that was almost nonexistent. Had there been more buttercream maybe the cake would not have been so dry. It made me question if the cake was frozen in advance instead of made fresh. The cost was quite high, $200 and while it was pretty, it was dry, lacking in flavor and buttercream. Sorry, but I won't be placing anymore orders.

Reviewed 3 August 2016

I ordered a birthday cake for my wife.She wanted almond flavored cake,raspberry filling and chocolate frosting.There was a faint taste of almond and very little raspberry filling,while the frosting was OK.At least the cake was moist but for $60 we won't be back.

Reviewed 8 February 2016

My daughter had a sweet 16 and Yum Yum cakes made the exact cake I wanted. The cake was delicious and beautiful. I was amazed. I am from New York but had the Sweet 16 on Captiva Island on New Year's Eve. The service was impeccable. They communicated and delivered as promised. Such reasonable prices. Just a fantastic experience. LOVED THE CAKE! Really can't give enough praise. Thank you for making my daughter's day special.

Reviewed 13 October 2015

I ordered a carrot cake for my wife's birthday. First off the cake was fantastic, but the service was the star, they were very friendly and listened intently to make sure they had my order correct. The designs they put on their cakes are amazing, beautiful art, stop in and take a look. You will order their time and time again.

Reviewed 27 August 2015 via mobile

My wife brought five different(allegedly) cupcakes home for my birthday. I say allegedly, because although they looked different and had different names, they all tasted like plain vanilla.

The cupcakes were also almost moist to the point of gumminess. This often happens with filled cupcakes, but I haven't seen it much when the cakes aren't filled.

The "buttercream" icing tasted more like overly thickened whipped cream frosting than true buttercream. It was not very good at all.

These were some of the worst cupcakes I have ever had. Save your money and go to Walmart.