“Great for Sushi and More!”
Review of DaRuMa

DaRuMa
Ranked #142 of 928 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 April 2016

Went with a friend and sat at the bar having appetizer sushi dishes. Handmade right at the bar. The food was great, however they should serve on chilled plates as some of the sushi became mushy after sitting for a while. Ambience is great as it is fashioned in the Japanese style with private rooms for those who wish to be totally authentic and dine on the floor or those who wish to sit at the table. Each room has their own chef cooking in the traditional Japan steakhouse manner. Prices are reasonable, especially if you're just ordering sushi at the bar! Spent $15 and received 2 huge appetizers as well as a drink. I would recommend to anyone who loves sushi and/or the Japanese dining experience.

Reviewed 4 April 2016

Went to dinner with my husband and my 4 year old grand daughter the hostess was friendly and very nice, the server was a very young and had no experience in serving.she brought out appetizers and soup that looked like dishwater and salad that comes with one dressing take it or to bad.I order Scallops and Husband Sea bass taste was ok portions pitiful.8 or 9 scallops pan seared the looked like a size of a quarter 4 broccoli florets and 1/2 cup of rice.I had had dinner at other Japanese restaurant and food portion and taste was much better.Never again $88.00 check for two people and small child.

Reviewed 30 March 2016 via mobile

We live farely close and decided to fave a walkable dinner date. Service was less than expected the host asked us how many and where we wanted to sit and we said the lounge and she didn't respond she just continued to write in a calendar so I thought she was waiting for something to seat us. I asked her if we seat ourselves and she said that she had to wait in a not so polite tone. So my husband and I waited finally she said "now I can seat you" .... Not so pleasant for our first time. Our waitress Megan was a breath of fresh air and was very helpful the food was good but nothing extraordinary.

Reviewed 26 March 2016 via mobile

Power went out just before getting seated. They have a dress code not published any where I could find

Reviewed 22 March 2016

Having been to many Japanese Steakhouses throughout the country I will say Daruma was overall one of the best restaurants within this category. The service was excellent. There was very little wait time to be seated. The wide range of dining rooms offered great settings whether you were on a romantic date, a family outing, or a casual business meeting. I personally found the prices expensive compared to other steakhouses, particularly when upgrading to filet and shrimp hibachi. Most times this would be a few dollar add on, in this case it doubled the original cost of the meal. So order your add-on with caution.