“Great Once Again”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

This is a superb restaurant. Had lunch with another couple. Food was great. Had sandwiches and salads. Like that anchovies are available with the Cesar salad. Service good and very friendly (Karen). We live in Cape but when looking for a meal in Ft Myers we always consider I’ll Pomodoro. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Second visit for us to this wonderful eatery. The restaurant is nicely decorated, romantic, quiet and very busy. When we got there at 6:00 there were many open tables. By 6:30, it was filled. Couples and families.
We started with Italian soup and a delicious fresh salad. (Included in the meal price)
Hubby got seafood Linguini De Mar. loaded with seafood. Sauce was scrumptious. They bring out these garlic rolls that are to die for.
I had my usual, Chicken Parmigiana. Two huge pieces of chicken with delicious marinara sauce, with cheese bubbling on top. It was as good as my home made Chicken Parmigiana. We both brought back to the hotel half of our dinners.
Would I go back? In a flash. Honestly the best Italian I have ever had. All this food and the bill was $38. We did not have drinks....but for that price, don't miss the chance to enjoy the atmosphere and the food. If I could give this five more stars, I certainly would !!!

1  Thank JoJo676
Randy S, Owner at IL Pomodoro Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Thank you for your wonderful review of our restaurant, and for taking the time to write it. We appreciate your business and hope to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

The food is average-Italian style.Some dishes are better then others.The pizzas are good though they have huge chunks of almost raw garlic .The salads are interesting.The calamari tends to be dry.No excuse for that.The place needs to be spruced up and forget about its gloomy look.On the bright side give it a try.I am sure they will improve .

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Popped in on a whim around 6 and were pleasantly pleased.
By the time our attentive awesome server Mike brought us our adult beverages (No bar) the restaurant was filling up.
The menu is quite large and covers just about everything Italian imaginable.
We ordered the clams in white sauce and the chicken piccatta and were extremely happy not to mention their complimentary luscious garlic rolls!
Make sure you come hungry or have room in your frig for leftovers!!

1  Thank joybob33
Randy S, Owner at IL Pomodoro Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Thank you for your complimentary review, and for taking the time to write it! We are pleased that you enjoyed dining with us, and look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed 1 August 2017

My sister and I were looking for a place on our last night, we happened to pass by on our way to another errand and decided after looking at reviews to try, its a local Italian restaurant you can tell by the cliental. my Chicken Parm was awesome my sisters dish was ok, chicken and spinach cannaloni was ok but we could not find the chicken they said it was chopped small but still could not find or taste. otherwise I would recommend this place...