“Very NiceSurprise!!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

We've been "sampling" a few of the local Italian eateries looking for some standouts in the pack. Our recent visit to Il Pomodoro left us nicely surprised. From the outside, it looks like a lot of Florida restaurants. Upon entering, you get the smell of good things to come. We sampled a good cross section of the menu and were not disappointed in any selections. We started with a plain cheese pizza and a caprese/eggplant tower app, both were very good. While the pizza might not be award winning on its own, it was above average compared to most FL pies. The pasta fagioli soup was excellent. We shared a couple of rigatoni entrees (one with a beef ragout and the other with chicken and sausage) both tasted excellent. We were impressed with the taste of everything and will return.

Randy S, Owner at IL Pomodoro Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2017

Thank you, Kevin V. We are glad you enjoyed our restaurant, and appreciate you taking the time to write a review. We look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

We love this place for casual fine dining. Have never in 10+ visits had anything we didn't enjoy. The wines are good. Service is excellent. Out of the way, hidden gem.

Randy S, Owner at IL Pomodoro Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2017

Thank you, Wayne! We are glad to hear you enjoy our restaurant, and appreciate your patronage and wonderful review. Please feel free to stop me on your next visit and introduce yourself.
Randy

Reviewed 4 July 2017

Outside of the meal, the restaurant's ambience was nice and the service very good.We came to Il Pomodoro over a year ago before we officially moved to Fort Myers and loved it. Honestly, after we moved here we completely forgot about it. They came to mind recently and we made a reservation. One of the first questions was can they accommodate a vegan and yes, they were able to do so as any good Italian restaurant should be able to do. I ordered Penne Pasta with marinara and asked that they throw in some vegetables...which they did. They also brought me bread without butter although it was a little doughy. The meal was very large and tasty so I was able to take some home for a meal a couple of nights later.

Randy S, Owner at IL Pomodoro Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2017

Dear Benzboy06,
We are glad our restaurant came to your mind, and appreciate you taking the time to write a review about us on Trip Advisor. We are also pleased that you enjoyed your meal. We strive to keep our customers happy, and hope you dine with us again soon. Perhaps on your next trip you can ask your server to send me over so we can meet personally.
Randy

Reviewed 24 June 2017

My daughter had recommended this restaurant to me. We made reservations and invited a couple of friends to join us there for dinner. We were very pleasantly surprised ! The ambiance was wonderful and the service was great ! We all had ordered different meals, but everyone LOVED their meal. The portions and the flavors were abundant ! We recommend this restaurant very highly.

Randy S, Owner at IL Pomodoro Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2017

Thank you for dining with us, and thank you for taking the time to write a review about il Pomodoro. We are glad you and your friends enjoyed your meals. We hope you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

My husband is a pure Italian. His mother taught me how to cook! (From scratch) I make homemade Braciola. I do my homework on "Trip advisory" among other sites to compare ratings and reviews and this came up highly rated and deserving! What a find! My critical husband hesitated but ordered the Braciola and I ordered Rigatoni Boscaiola. The bread was not my favorite( re-heated) and we told our waitress... and they made fresh.. still.. not anything we have had up in NY. (We are from there) My husband LOVED his Braciola and told the owner as he came to ask us how everything was! (Loved that) his was served with Cavatelli and mine rigatoni. We specifically ask for (altente' )which means cooked a bit harder (not soft). Both our dishes were done perfectly and both of them delicious!! We are traveling 4 hours home with my husbands left overs frozen to keep and eat! Warm, friendly feel, excellent chianti from Italy, family environment and no rush! A keeper for the area!

Randy S, Owner at IL Pomodoro Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2017

Dear Lynne C,
Thank you for your complimentary review of il Pomodoro. We strive to keep our customer's happy, and are glad you and your husband enjoyed your meals. It was a pleasure to have served you. Please come and dine with us the next time you are in the area.