“Nice local place,high quality itailian food.”

IL Pomodoro Italian Restaurant
Ranked #73 of 877 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

We love this place for casual fine dining. Have never in 10+ visits had anything we didn't enjoy. The wines are good. Service is excellent. Out of the way, hidden gem.

Randy S, Owner at IL Pomodoro Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2017

Thank you, Wayne! We are glad to hear you enjoy our restaurant, and appreciate your patronage and wonderful review. Please feel free to stop me on your next visit and introduce yourself.
Randy

Reviewed 4 July 2017

Outside of the meal, the restaurant's ambience was nice and the service very good.We came to Il Pomodoro over a year ago before we officially moved to Fort Myers and loved it. Honestly, after we moved here we completely forgot about it. They came to mind recently and we made a reservation. One of the first questions was can they accommodate a vegan and yes, they were able to do so as any good Italian restaurant should be able to do. I ordered Penne Pasta with marinara and asked that they throw in some vegetables...which they did. They also brought me bread without butter although it was a little doughy. The meal was very large and tasty so I was able to take some home for a meal a couple of nights later.

Randy S, Owner at IL Pomodoro Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2017

Dear Benzboy06,
We are glad our restaurant came to your mind, and appreciate you taking the time to write a review about us on Trip Advisor. We are also pleased that you enjoyed your meal. We strive to keep our customers happy, and hope you dine with us again soon. Perhaps on your next trip you can ask your server to send me over so we can meet personally.
Randy

Reviewed 24 June 2017

My daughter had recommended this restaurant to me. We made reservations and invited a couple of friends to join us there for dinner. We were very pleasantly surprised ! The ambiance was wonderful and the service was great ! We all had ordered different meals, but everyone LOVED their meal. The portions and the flavors were abundant ! We recommend this restaurant very highly.

Randy S, Owner at IL Pomodoro Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2017

Thank you for dining with us, and thank you for taking the time to write a review about il Pomodoro. We are glad you and your friends enjoyed your meals. We hope you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

My husband is a pure Italian. His mother taught me how to cook! (From scratch) I make homemade Braciola. I do my homework on "Trip advisory" among other sites to compare ratings and reviews and this came up highly rated and deserving! What a find! My critical husband hesitated but ordered the Braciola and I ordered Rigatoni Boscaiola. The bread was not my favorite( re-heated) and we told our waitress... and they made fresh.. still.. not anything we have had up in NY. (We are from there) My husband LOVED his Braciola and told the owner as he came to ask us how everything was! (Loved that) his was served with Cavatelli and mine rigatoni. We specifically ask for (altente' )which means cooked a bit harder (not soft). Both our dishes were done perfectly and both of them delicious!! We are traveling 4 hours home with my husbands left overs frozen to keep and eat! Warm, friendly feel, excellent chianti from Italy, family environment and no rush! A keeper for the area!

Randy S, Owner at IL Pomodoro Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2017

Dear Lynne C,
Thank you for your complimentary review of il Pomodoro. We strive to keep our customer's happy, and are glad you and your husband enjoyed your meals. It was a pleasure to have served you. Please come and dine with us the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 11 June 2017

My wife and I ate at il Pomodoro Wednesday June 7th. and had an excellent meal. Before moving to Fort Myers, we had lived in Northern Italy for 19 years and consider ourselves well versed in Italian Cuisine. At il Pomodoro we both ordered their Veal Francese and consider it one of the best we have for a long time. We intend on ordering it again the next time we visit the restaurant and highly recommend it to anyone who appreciates veal. It was served with two generous portions of veal, fettuccine in a butter-caper sauce and one also had a choice of soup or salad as a beginner. Their pasta fagioli also was very good.

Sandy L, Owner at IL Pomodoro Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2017

Dear Norman C: Thank you for your complimentary review of il Pomodoro! My husband, David, and I, along with my brother, Randy Seech, own the restaurant. Randy also runs and operates all of it so please stop and introduce yourself to him the next time you and your wife dine with us. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your meals. My husband and I have been to Italy twice (mostly Rome, Florence, Venice, Assisi areas) and absolutely love the area and the food. Again, thank you!
Sandy Landefeld