All reviews full kitchen outlet mall front desk two bedroom suite fire pit basketball court the breakfast area the ice maker living area free breakfast gas station waffles small kitchen hot tub fresh fruit laundry room an extended stay
Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed here 2 times for one day each. I found the location great (close to Sanibel Island), the value great, i am a Marriott Gold and the general manager bumped me up to a two bedroom (thank you), the breakfast was very good for the price (free), and the beds were comfortable, and i did not have any issues. I will be back.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Myers Sanibel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

Dear AlexanderK998,

Thank you for your glowing review of the Residence Inn Fort Myers Sanibel! We are glad you liked our convenient location and were also impressed with our comfortable bed. Thank you once again for being our guest, and we can’t wait to welcome you back soon.

Residence Inn Fort Myers Sanibel

Reviewed 2 September 2018

Absolutely horrible stay here. To start, when we arrived to our room, we noticed it had not been cleaned well if at all. We found dog food and fingernail clippings on the floor of the bedroom and hair on the floor of the bathroom. The more severe issue was the black mold we found on the ceiling of the bedroom. Not to mention their elevator notice was expired (although this did not affect our stay). Long story short - I called the hotel everyday for the next two weeks to speak to the manager, Benjamin Day, and each day I was told that the manager would be in tomorrow. I had several employees leave notes with Benjamin asking him to call me back. I also emailed and reached out by leaving several voicemails and my call was never returned. My frustration grew when I did not hear back so I escalated the issue by leaving a complaint with Marriott customer service. When I did not hear back by the date I was told, I called several more times. Finally, after two and a half weeks and several hours on the phone, the customer service representative told me that she was on the phone with the manager, Daybel, and she was avoiding speaking to her about the issue. Eventually, the manager told the customer service representative that she would call me to apologize but that never happened. Bottom line is - don't ever stay here unless you want black mold in your room and employees that don't care about you.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Myers Sanibel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Dear Becky S,

We're truly sorry that you experienced such poor service during your time with us and that you have yet to receive a return call from us. I came back from maternity leave on Monday, and I am working on catching up since it being busy in our Residence Inn. I do apologize for all the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay. I will address your message with all my department and take actions. I do hope that you give us another chance in a near future, I can assure you that we will provide the service that only Marriott knows how to do.

Reviewed 13 August 2018

Everything was fantastic .Front desk was great , room was spacious ,breakfast was excellent .I give mt stay a 5 star.We needed more towels they were brought to our room instantly. we were very satisfied .

Room Tip: I would recommend this hotel highly
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Myers Sanibel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Dear Jo Ann H,

Thank you for your glowing review of the Residence Inn Fort Myers Sanibel. We are glad to know that you were not only impressed with our friendly associates and comfortable rooms but also with our delicious breakfast. Thanks for being our guest, and we look forward to your next stay!

Residence Inn Fort Myers Sanibel

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

The only group of people that really need adjoining rooms are families with children. And though we were promised adjoining rooms, and although I called 3 times: at 2 weeks, 1 week and the morning of to re-re-re confirm adjoining rooms when we arrived none had been set aside. This means my wife and I don't get to spend the vacation together in the same room because an adult has to be with each child.

We were also told after the fact that none of the adjoining rooms in the entire Hotel have two beds. There are plenty of rooms with two beds but not any that are joined to another room. So if you have teenagers who are unlikely to want to sleep together in the same bed this hotel is not for you.

We left early. Everything else about the hotel was quite nice. The breakfast was excellent. Unfortunately the room comfirmation service was horrible regardless of my extended efforts, and the hotel is not configured for families with children.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank FamilyMan1963
TeamMarriott, Manager at Residence Inn Fort Myers Sanibel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Dear Familyman1963,

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel and for your review. We're truly sorry for your disappointment in regards to the adjoining rooms and that we failed to live up to your expectations. We understand how important it is for a family to be able vacation together so please accept our sincerest apology for the inconvenience and frustration this caused. Rest assured, we are taking immediate action to prevent this from happening again. We hope you will give us the opportunity to make it up to you and better serve you on your next family trip to the area.

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

It was fine initially. Until the toilet flush stopped working. We asked Javier from the front desk to repair it while we went out for dinner. After we came back from the dinner, the Javier told us the toilet was fixed. We went back to the room and to my surprise the toilet wasn’t fixed. I called the front desk to ask them to fix. Javier asked if I could wait until the next day. I told him we needed to use the bathroom and we couldn’t wait until the next day. Omg. How could a Marriot hotel expect their guests to be using a broken toilet with the flush not working. That’s unacceptable. I asked for a room change. He initially said there is no room and later he said there was a room available. So we moved to a new room. But to my surprise we found that the bathroom in the new room was not cleaned. There was a used towel on the floor and an open soap. How disgusting is it that a hotel room that wasn’t cleaned was given to the guests to use. I couldn’t believe this is a Residence Inn. The hotel was a mess and the stay was very unpleasant. I called Javier and he said he will send someone to clean the bathroom. But we waited for 2
hours and no one had ever shown up to clean the bathroom. We just felt so mistreated with first an unfixed toilet and then an uncleaned bathroom and followed by an empty promise by a dishonest front desk guy. This whole episode was very upsetting to us.

Then, I called the front desk again, the manager came to my room to see what the issue is. As soon as she found out about the issue,
she apologized about what happened. She immediately got someone to come in to clean the bathroom and also lowered the rate for us. I appreciate Rebecca for her help. She has tried her best to make up for the problems that we we facing with. However, I wouldn’t want to come back to this hotel again. I don’t want anything like this to happen to my vacation at all. It just ruined your time and it’s not worth it to experience this again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
TeamMarriott, Manager at Residence Inn Fort Myers Sanibel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Dear frankfrankhk,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for your detailed review. We are disappointed to read the details of your stay, especially regarding your experience with the toilet then being moved to another room with an unclean bathroom. Although we are happy to see the manager was able to help you, it is unacceptable that you encountered these issues during your time with us. Our guests should experience a relaxing, hassle free stay, and this was not the case while you were here. In addition, it is important that you feel well attended to, and we failed you in this area. Please accept our apologies for the frustrations and inconvenience this caused and for not meeting our standards or your expectations. Thank you again, and we would like to welcome you back for a much-improved visit and another chance to better serve you the next time your travels bring you this way.