We used Marriott points for our weekend stay at the resort, and chose the Captiva Tower over the Sanibel (main part of resort) Tower, even though we had a choice of either. Here’s why:
1. Captiva Tower rooms are larger, with small fridges and microwaves
2. Balconies larger
3. Quieter, more private, feels more like a condo than a busy resort
4. The Captiva building is rectangular, so all waterfront rooms face directly to the water (the Sanibel building is curved so many rooms are facing other rooms as well)
5. Has its own (beautiful) pool and hot-tub; both were very peaceful.
6. Direct view of the nearby causeway to Sanibel Island creates interest and frames those water view photos.
7. Since you check in at the other part of the resort, Captiva’s “lobby” area is more like a beautiful, quiet living area for relaxing or reading.
8. You can still catch the shuttle, walk or drive to the other part of the resort and take advantage of the amenities there (there is a bar with a lovely patio and view). . . then return back to your own place and breathe a sigh of peaceful relief!
Our first night we had brought a bottle of wine and a selection of cheeses and fruit to enjoy on the balcony while watching the gorgeous sunset. Perfection!
I usually avoid restaurants at hotels/resorts, finding them overpriced for what you get. . . and you are here to enjoy Sanibel Island anyway! We recommend the Over Easy Café on Sanibel for breakfast – don’t worry about a long wait, because they give you a buzzer and it gives you time to browse the beautiful shops in that same plaza (very handy to get your memento/souvenir shopping done). For dinner, Sweet Melissa Café – a chef-owned restaurant and absolutely fabulous!
We’ve stayed on the island a couple of times before and didn’t feel like we missed anything at all staying on the Ft. Myers side of the causeway, especially since the entrance to the causeway is RIGHT there when you leave the resort, AND you can still get a great wide water view. Perfect!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanibel Harbour Marriott Hotel Fort Myers
- Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort And Spa
- Sanibel Harbour Hotel
- Sanibel Harbour Resort And Spa
- Sanibel Resort And Spa
- Sanibel Harbor Resort And Spa