“Wowers, excellent food!”
Review of Las Carnitas

Las Carnitas
Ranked #466 of 1,488 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 10 January 2018

I ordered skirt steak and shrimp and my husband ordered Tilapia with yuca and plantains. We sampled each other's food and declared both plates "winners". The wait staff were friendly and attentive. We will be going back for another meal.

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

This place is mostly focused on serving Honduran style food but it is a refreshing alternative to the Cuban, Mexican, and other Latin flavors in the area. Meals were served on paper Dixie plates but the portions were huge and tasty! Steak was slightly saltier than I prefer but overall, nice!

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

Visited the place only to have a drink. I was ignored the first 10 minutes. Then charged me for one beer far more than I expected, and a higher price than listed in the menu (I discovered that after the fact), then took forever to bring back my change. No reason to order a second round, or to return at all.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

The restaurant is actually very big though you wouldn't recognize it from the outside.  However the inside was dirty.  The food was delicious though especially the pupusas.  Recommend ordering ahead and getting it to go (it took a long time to get our food)

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

Las Carnitas is a non descript and friendly Honduran eatery and bar at 3221 West Davie Blvd. in Ft. Lauderdale. Feeling the need to go "off guide" while on a long bike ride, I went there for lunch. Great range of Latino specialties, but for me as northeast visitor, a Cubano sandwich and small order of ceviche was the quick and on target choice. Shrimp and Snapper Ceviche was so fresh and well seasoned; made just for me.

No one minded that I didn't speak Spanish and the bill was $15. for the two items and a soda!

Date of visit: February 2017