“Excellent Bread”
Review of Edelweiss Bakery

Edelweiss Bakery
Ranked #11 of 30 Bakeries in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 3 August 2016

I have been coming to this bakery for years and their quality and selection is fantastic! All their breads are home made, rustic and authentic. They have may other home made goodies (cakes, sweets) and savory items like Schnitzel, Goulash, Frikadellen (german meat balls) and much more. Please visit, you'll be glad you did.

Reviewed 17 May 2016

Fantastic German breakfast, lunch meats, and breads!! Try the Pretzel rolls with meats and cheeses, but get them early as they sell out.

1  Thank amazingdelivery
Reviewed 29 April 2016

I am there pretty regularly. The food is outstanding and so are the deli products. The bakery side has wonderful bread, several different ones to choose from. I happen to like the double crusted bread and the sunflower bread. The pastry is pretty good as well. Always love to indulge! At certain times you hear a lot of German spoken. So if you like to get to know German people you are in for a treat. Can highly recommend the place for good quality. On nice days you can also sit outside upfront which is very pleasant.

Reviewed 23 March 2016

I have been to this place about six times, came back because I miss restaurants that are personal compared to chain, mass , franchised venues. The food is ok. When I came I had breakfast or lunch and bought ,at the deli, sausages, sauerkraut, bread and pastries to take home. Last time I bought some weiswurst, 2 packages and some rotkraut. When I was ready to boil the weiswurst I noticed a strong odor in a package I had opened, so I Decided to not open the other one and went to the bakery to exchange them, it was Monday and it was closed. Put both packages in the freezer and on Tuesday I went back
and talk to the owner, he said they were frozen and he could not tell if they were bad until the package was thawed. Told me to come back. I did, Wednesday, and he came out of the kitchen speaking loud and rudely that there was nothing wrong with the sausages. He did not let me say anything and said that he was not go return the money, that that is not the way he did things in his place. He returned to the kitchen like there was nothing else to do.
So I would like everybody to know how this gentleman takes care of his customers.

1  Thank Mauricio D
Reviewed 16 January 2016

Everything I've tasted here is wonderful. I live locally so I enjoy coming here regularly.
My favorite is the Bauern Omelet is served all day. Potatoes and crispy bacon all folded into fluffy fluffy eggs. It's big, delicious and satisfying!
The baked goods are delicious also. German style breads, pastries and cakes. You must try the plum and cherry torts. Full of fruit flavors, the cake is buttery but not too sweet. Yummm!