“Pub style”

Waxy O'Connor Irish Pub & Eatery
Ranked #180 of 1,480 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Irish, Pub
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours
Description: Authentic Irish pub full of character and characters. We serve great food from traditional favorites like fish 'n chips and shepherd's pie to lamb chops and T-Bone steaks. With over 20 imported beers on draft your spoiled for choice when it comes to drinks, so stop by and meet our friendly staff and maybe even catch a game on one of our 16 flatscreen TVs.
Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

In a mood for Bangers and Mash or a great Reuben? This is your place. Service was good, food was served quickly and hot. Soccer game plays on several screens.

Reviewed 15 January 2018

Some friends asked us to join them for a casual dinner and we were prepared for typical bar food in an Irish pub setting. What we got was an amazingly delicious dinner, expertly prepared, and served hot and fresh. We started with curry fries which were piping hot and crispy with a delicious curried dipping sauce. We all had entrees from Shepherd's Pie, Corned Beef and Cabbage, Chicken Pot Pie, and Roast Lamb. No one had one complaint and we are all serious foodies! And the prices are a great value and they have an awesome beer selection on tap. We look forward to returning to this place. In a sea of restaurant mediocrity, this one shines out way above most restaurants in this town. Kudos to them!

Reviewed 14 January 2018

My wife wasn't feeling good and didn't want to go out, this place was across the street from our hotel. I was totally impressed with service, they poured a decent drink and didn't gouge for it. The server couldn't have been nicer and the food was excellent. I observed the owner come from the back and interact with the patrons. He obviously enjoys what he does and did what I consider the key, make people feel good about spending their money. Cheers!

Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

I stopped by for lunch and a few drinks before heading back to my hotel over the road.

Staff very pleasant and didn't keep you waiting too long.

I was slightly surprised to see how expensive the drinks were, maybe my own fault for not checking the menu first, but considering you have Duffys and Quarterdeck around the corner I would have thought they would offer more value for money.

Apart from the price I couldn't really fault it.

Worth a visit if your passing

1  Thank 1983JOKERZ1983
Reviewed 8 January 2018

Pub across the street from out hotel and it was New Years Eve. Not crowded and we were able to get a table. Traditional Irish pub with a good selection of draft beers. I had the seafood chowder and my husband had the shepard's pie. Both were excellent. I would go back. Prices were reasonable.