“BEWARE, BEWARE, BEWARE”

Travelodge Fort Lauderdale Beach
Ranked #110 of 131 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 14 July 2012

I recently stayed here from 7/4-7/9 and never have I experienced anything like this in my life. On the 1st day I was given a room that had the most disgusting rug ever and a cockroach in the dresser so they gave me the room next door. The people next to us had a dog they left in the room and it scratched on the door at night and it kept banging the door so we couldnt sleep or waqtch TV without hearing this. When I called and spoke to the Russian girl at the desk she didnt care, she was very rude. After 2 days of this I asked for another room once again. They moved us to room 300 which was probably the nicest room they have, but of course it was next door to the drug dealer they have living there and at 430am someone knocked on our door for the drugs which they had the wrong room. PLus the fact that I was awoken again because of a cockroach crawling on my arm at 330am as well. This place is NOT updated at all. I have many pictures to show all the ugly stuff. Do not stay here, you will be sorry. They dont have a good breakfast either and we didnt eat there for fear of things not being sanitary. The pool had scum floating around on it and I didnt see anyone cleaning the pool ever. IT is also NOT across from the beach. You have to walk across the street, through McDonalds and then through another hotel and their dining area to get to an over crowded beach. No worth the stay. Much better places we seen down the street and across the street from the beach.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Marcine J
fortlauderdalebeacht, Webmaster at Travelodge Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Fort Lauderdale Beach Travelodge for your recent stay in our area. I am sorry that you did not feel secure there.

• Management was approached about your experience.

• The lady at the front desk received additional training in the courteous manner in which she is to treat you, our valued guest.

• Housekeeping received additional training in the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees. They also received additional instruction in keeping the rooms properly stocked.

• Breakfast staff received additional training in properly presenting a breakfast.

• Maintenance was informed of your report of cockroach in the room assigned to you and instructed to look into any needed extermination.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Fort Lauderdale Beach Travelodge. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 7 July 2012

Have stayed here many times when in South Florida. This is somewhere to sleep off the beaten path. Would not recommend for families as it is very small not a resort. I have stayed at many many places always find a way back here.This is on the quiet side of town away from Fort Lauderdale beach closer to Lauderdale by the Sea. The staff is always friendly. When I am in Fort Lauderdale/Miami I do not spend much time in the room. This is somewhere to sleep at the end of the day. If you are looking for a resort this is not for you. It is affordable compared to other places of similar size. I'm sure I will be back there. I rate it very good for the service.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank maui4dave
Reviewed 26 June 2012

We had the misfortune of starting our holiday in this disgusting hotel, after a long flight and a long car journey we got to the hotel exhausted, two of our 3 children were already asleep before getting to the hotel and so I put them to bed, only to find the room was cockroach infested..I wanted to sleep in the car.During the night I found more cockroaches in the sink, and then to my utter disgust in the bed too, but then also found the sheets and pillowcases were soiled and had not been changed.YUCK. This hotel need to be closed down and fumigated.In the morning, we told the receptionist about the dirty cockroach infested room and all he could say was "Yes we are aware and that he would have checked on who the maid was".There were also alot of rather unsavory looking people lurking about. Please avoid!!!!

Room Tip: Always ask to see the room before checking in...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Car0l65
Management response:Responded 2 July 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review the following actions were taken:

• Maintenance was informed of the insects in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to any necessary extermination.

• Management was approached about your feeling that there were a lot of rather unsavory looking people lurking around and it was discussed about the possibility of setting up a security system that would make our valued guests feel more secure.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 1 June 2012

This was one night stay while passing through. For the price, you cant beat it. Very nice, clean and comfortable. With the beach access righ across the streat at the resort this will defiently accomodate more! I was impressed.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Robert E
Reviewed 8 May 2012 via mobile

Hotel is about average for the area, but the service shines!! Super cheap and always accommodating. We booked at a more expensive hotel and luckily they turned rude and we left so we could end up here.

• Stayed: May 2012