My first disclaimer: I have gone to Fort Lauderdale several times for meetings at the Convention Center. Up until now I dreaded going there.
This hotel is definitely off the beaten path, at least for business travelers. It's further north in Fort Lauderdale beach, and doesn't look like much from the outside. However- the location turns out to be great, and you can't beat the price or the service. I was met at the door, after midnight, by the owner, Mick, who had been expecting me and gave me a warm welcome and a "what you need to know for tonight" fast check-in. There was a huge friendly white dog in the "lobby" - yes, I'm a pet lover. The hotel was quiet. While there, I met a lot of nice people, including a number of multiple-repeat return customers. It was close enough that I actually got to take a couple of nice walks on the beach- believe it or not a number of times when I was in FLL for a convention I never even saw the ocean. Lots of restaurants and shops nearby too! I had a car- but you could do it without one if desired. Mick was usually around, was ALWAYS friendly and helpful - helping me to answer some questions I had even to the point of looking things up on the internet for me! Oh- and he prides himself on his "no extra charges" policy!
Hotel has no restaurant and pretty much no food available. The gym was nice considering the size of the hotel. The pool was appealing and heated but I didn't have time really to take advantage of it. Maybe next trip! Oh- and the WiFi worked impeccably every time, though I have to say the one time I tried it would not support a Skype call.
This hotel makes me want to go back to Fort Lauderdale for another meeting...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For centuries, Fort Lauderdale Beach has traditionally been among America's top tropical destinations. We're warm year-round. We offer endless world-famous beaches and world-class venues. In this spirit, we spared no expense updating the quintessential Tropirock Hotel - evoking memories of the golden age of travel when rooms were stylish and attentive service made you feel exceptional. Tropirock's now one of North Beach Village's most popular boutique hotels - where seascapes, watersports and heated pools arouse family fun but at an extraordinary value. Walk just 3-minutes to sunny beaches and unforgettable dining or 10,000 family entertainment options! And when you return, you'll find our Village Hosts with their concierge-like services attentive to your family's needs. We'll help everyone feel uniquely comfortable and delighted. Our motto, "Under promise and over deliver," speaks of Tropirock's value. After all, our attention to detail is evident in our use of custom tiled floors, fine woods and creative decor. Our spacious rooms have state-of-the-art flat screens and coffeemakers. Wi-Fi is complimentary and there are never resort fees. Book Tropirock today and today your beach holiday begins. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK) and Expedia so you can book your Tropi Rock Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropi Rock Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Tropi Rock Fort Lauderdale
- Tropi Rock Resort Fort Lauderdale, Florida