18 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$165
Agoda.comUS$160
Hotels.comUS$160
FindHotelUS$160
HurbUS$165
All reviews front desk hotel restaurant nice pool cruise ft lauderdale rafael fl properties uber bellman port
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 April 2018

I can't rave enough. I have been coming to this hotel for the past 7 years and always pick it. The staff are excellent. The bar area has the best servers and bartenders! The manager Fred is a delight to see each time. The food and beverage manager Chris Y always comes by and asks if everything is ok and has a nice chat with us. The morning server Steve is excellent. Even though its only a monthly visit he remembers the tomato juice and coffee! The Platinum perks are wonderful.

Room tip: get a suite
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Heather S, General Manager at The Westin Fort Lauderdale, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

WOW! Thank you for your business and loyalty over the past 7 years. I will share your wonderful comments with the entire hotel team.
I hope I can meet you in person during one of your return visits.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We booked our family here for one night to have a place to rest up and re-group while awaiting a very late night flight home following a cruise. The 14 story building and rather extensive grounds are impressive although the overall condition was one of an aging and slightly neglected once-great hotel. The location is right by I-95 giving quick access to other places (which you might need because not much of the usual commercial amenities were seen in immediate proximity). The self-parking is slightly remoted in favor of the closer up valet parking which seems a bit counter intuitive (let the valets trek to the cars rather than customers who elect to self park). We had primarily planned to just relax here for the afternoon and enjoy the property’s large waterfalled pool overlooking a lake but in spite of its impressive size, it was woefully short on chairs / loungers and we were unable to find a place to sit any of the three times we went there to seek them. The pool area could comfortably accommodate 2-3 times the chairs it had if Mgmt chose to spend the $ on them. As a high rise hotel the use of elevators is a must and the elevator indicator arrow lights in several landing areas did not function, making it difficult to determine if arriving car was heading up or down. Other guests we encountered also verbally noted this. The elevator floor lobbies are a bit dingy and poorly lit (see photo). The rooms while Arfons Lyn clean with very comfy beds are classic 1980 style with a complete lack of convenient electrical outlets. The cover plate of the SINGLE outlet found in the bed area of our “upgraded” room was literally dangling out of the wall by its wires and did not work (see photo). We had to take turns plugging our chargers into the lone outlet found in the bathroom. There is a full service bar in the main lobby but it offered very few bar stools (less than 10) which again seemed oddly insufficient for a 300 room facility. There are additional seats and tables in an indoor / outdoor lounge area which did not appear open or attended while we were there on a long Sunday afternoon. Overall we were glad we got this room at a “bargain” Hotwire rate of $150 because we would certainly have been more disappointed at its higher published rates. The property had great potential but is tired, aging and in need of some TLC maintenance and capital re-investment. We would not return here given the many other choices in the city.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank BuckeyeBob
Heather S, General Manager at The Westin Fort Lauderdale, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Thank you for your detailed and valuable feedback. We did recently replace the pool furniture and can certainly reviewing adding more chairs based upon demand. We continue to add improvements including recent lighting on the exterior and are replacing the elevators this year which will greatly improve the elevator service and aesthetics. We recently renovated 2 years ago and the decor theme is to be in line with nature and our brand pillars. Please call me directly to discuss further so I can make amends and ensure you will stay with us again when you return to Fort Lauderdale.
954-351-2401

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The staff are very friendly and sweet, they text me once and while, to make sure that everything was going well at the hotel and for me trips. Alex, their bartender made us feel at home, such a wonderful person to talk too while you are at the hotel bar.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your business and taking the time to share your comments about Alex.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed everything at the hotel. The breakfast every morning was excellent. Our waiter Antonio was fantastic. He made our morning happy with his smile and always very welcoming. We recommend all to have a excellent breakfast here and ask for Antonio he is awesome.

Overall the hotel was an excellent choice for our family.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Heather S, General Manager at The Westin Fort Lauderdale, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

I am glad you enjoyed Breakfast and Antonio was fantastic! I will share your comments with the team!

Reviewed 30 March 2018

I am a 30 year " Marriott" loyalist and am just now taking advantage of the merger with Starwood. WONDERFULLY surprised by this great property in Ft Lauderdale. I'd call this primarily a business travellers hotel...BUT it is centrally located to a lot of what South Florida has to offer. The pool is big and enough chairs for sun worshippers.
the BEST thing about the property is the STAFF ! Chris Kent has done a great job with the front desk associates and they are fabulous. I have a very important client to entertain and asked Shantelle if I could get an ugrade if at all possible, She absolutley made it happen and made my night. the next morning I needed a later checkout because of a business lunch I ws hosting at the hotel---NO PROBLEM --Jermaine handled everything. When I am in Ft Lauderdale and don't need to be " on the beach" This Westin is my Hotel of choice. They have earned my loyalty.

Room tip: Higher floors are definitely best
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

I am glad the team exceeded your expectations and you had a wonderful stay. PLEASE complete the brand survey sent by Marriott to share your experience and recognize the wonderful team and service.