“Good but expensive ”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 22 November 2016 via mobile

I find baked goods in south Florida to not be as good as further north. Not sure why. This bakery offers excellent baked goods and very good French patisserie at same prices and quality as you find in Paris. In Paris one pays 4 to 7 euro for a religieuse, mont blanc, tart framboise, opera , Paris Brest etc. The quality of croissant time is comparable and at same price. What is nicer in Paris are the ambiance and beauty of the stores themselves. Croissant time looks a bit tired and needs a face lift. The mall it is in has the same need.

Reviewed 18 November 2016

Decidedly the best french pastries in Fort Lauderdale. The cakes are to die for. The have a great variety of cheeses, cold cuts and sandwiches. A bit on the expensive side, but quality is expensive!

Reviewed 16 November 2016

First time here I was having a chocolate croissant and a cappuccino and could not believe the price I had to pay. Second time I went I ordered a $10 croissant with ham,tomato etc and a coffee. I went here several times after that and then again 3 weeks ago. The thing is I like the ambiance , all the things they offer and how I can see everything made from scratch. The food I can buy here ( never do) looks tempting but honestly speaking I should just skip going here as it is way too expensive. Yes I can sit outside or inside and yes all looks well, I understand all things have a price but this is really one of the most expensive places out here to buy myself a croissant or a cappuccino.|Time to move on to another location for 2 croissants and 2 coffees for the same price.

Reviewed 24 October 2016

A friend suggested this place because they knew I review on Tripadvisor and like to try new places. I do try to be fair, and when I really like a place I let people know. Likewise, if a place is just awful It will get a fair but bad review. This place is just somewhere in the middle. Top dollar is charged for everything, and while the coffee is REALLY good, the rock candy stirrer you get to sweeten your coffee does not justify the price. They do have some beautiful looking pastries, cakes and pies, and they also have a nice upscale gourmet area. For my coffee and cake I'll stick with the Peter Pan Diner where you get free refills on your coffee and the homemade desserts are incredible.

Reviewed 18 October 2016

It is not easy to rate a place where the products are exquisite but the pricing ridiculously high.
The French baguette ,the croissants and everything else are really good but they hit you very hard on the prices...you leave the place thinking not to return ...you feel there is a rip off somewhere...yet you return again because you get addicted to the bread !
I like the Jazz on Sunday's and the patio ...you just feel in France.I have become a regular but watch what I order.