“Good food”
Review of Tipico Cafe

Tipico Cafe
Ranked #333 of 1,439 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

After the beach, the only place we want to have dinner is atTipico...meat is so tender and juicy, flavors are so good. I triex the chicken soup this time, I likrd it. We had the Tampiqueña, was very good with refried beans, yellow rice and the meat, so good.
Pslomilla was goid too. Chips are an addiction.

Customer service is great, always.

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

Meat is very tender and customer service is awesome. Afyer a long beach day this food is all what I need.

Reviewed 20 March 2017

We have been coming to this restaurant since we moved to the area in August...while it has never been my favorite place to go, my husband liked it so I went every now and then. In my opinion, the prices are too high for what you get and the service has never been great...so I agree to go this time and it was the worst experience I have had at any restaurant since moving to Florida. The whole experience made my husband so angry, we actually went up to pay our bill and leave without touching the food at all. My husband explained what happened to the server and why we were leaving. The manager was standing right next to her and listened to the whole exchange and it was at THIS point he should have jumped in and apologized or something...but no, he let my husband pay for the food anyway without putting in a word...needless to say, we will never be going back to this place. There are too many other places where you can get good food for a good price and actually get friendly and efficient people at the same time.

Reviewed 17 March 2017

This was our 4th time here, and I feel that I was overly generous with my original review. We've never had a good experience, but we've also never really had a bad experience...until tonight. The server was a disaster, and she failed the 2 main requirements for a "decent" server, which are personality and basic order-taking capabilities. When she brought my wife something different than what she had clearly ordered, the server tried to imply that my wife was responsible for the mistake. When we were not going to argue, or back down, she reluctantly took the plate back to the kitchen, and then returned to talk smack to her coworker in Spanish...assuming that we wouldn't understand what they were saying. That is when we decided to pay for what we had ordered, and left without eating. The bright side of it all was, we discovered Big Louie's across the parking lot, and we had a great new experience. Needless to say, we will NOT be returning to Tipico Cafe!

1  Thank JSR_Adventures
Reviewed 14 March 2017

Good unpretentious mexican food. Good to go there if you do not feel to dress up, are hungry and need a quick meal after a hard day's work