Booked this hotel through a last minute hotel booking app and got a great deal. Wasn't sure what to expect but I was blown away by the property for the money I paid. The room was ridiculous. I could have moved in there. It was basically an apartment. Kitchen, lounge, bedroom, bathroom, 2 balconies and all of it was just so stylish. I'm kinda sad I was only there for a day.
The bad? Well, working in the hospitality industry and when not working spending about 3 months of the year in hotels I have a lot of experience of nice hotels and I tend to have quite high expectations. While not terrible the service really didn't match up to the property. I always try to have a realistic expectation and for me it just left me a tad disappointed. Of the 4 people that I interacted with - 2 valet guys and 2 front desk staff, only one of the valet guys really impressed me. There is a fine line between great service and being overly snooty and pretentious. I won't mention names here as it isn't important but I would hope the management read this and maybe look into it. I notice a few other people on here have also spoken about the service too. On the service note - I found that a charge had been made on my account by the hotel after I checked out. I emailed them to enquire what it was and have had no reply. Not impressed at all. That fact alone would stop me booking again. Shame.
Finally - valet only parking? I like to park my own car thanks very much. I don't even mind paying for parking but I don't like other people driving my car. Give me the option please.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A masterpiece of contemporary design rising 15 floors above the Intracoastal Waterway, il Lugano Hotel is Ft. Lauderdale’s most fashionable address. Experience the height of exclusivity at this spectacular Fort Lauderdale Beach hotel -- offering ultra-luxurious suite-hotel accommodations and lavishly appointed private residences. Stay only minutes from the city’s financial district, shops, beaches, restaurants, and nightlife. Enjoy stunning Atlantic Ocean and waterway views, world-class amenities, and availability to arrange private dockage for yachts up to 50 feet. Travel to nearby shopping and fine dining establishments in our luxury Cadillac Escalades* (based on availability, fee may apply). Blending the style of the world’s finest boutique hotels and a dedication to flawless personal service, we are redefining expectations for Fort Lauderdale hotel suite accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Intracoastal/Il Lugano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Il Lugano Fort Lauderdale
- Hotel Il Lugano
- Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Intracoastal/Il Lugano Florida