“Wow.. If only the service was wow too.”

Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Intracoastal/Il Lugano
Ranked #7 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Los Angeles, California
“Wow.. If only the service was wow too.”
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Booked this hotel through a last minute hotel booking app and got a great deal. Wasn't sure what to expect but I was blown away by the property for the money I paid. The room was ridiculous. I could have moved in there. It was basically an apartment. Kitchen, lounge, bedroom, bathroom, 2 balconies and all of it was just so stylish. I'm kinda sad I was only there for a day.

The bad? Well, working in the hospitality industry and when not working spending about 3 months of the year in hotels I have a lot of experience of nice hotels and I tend to have quite high expectations. While not terrible the service really didn't match up to the property. I always try to have a realistic expectation and for me it just left me a tad disappointed. Of the 4 people that I interacted with - 2 valet guys and 2 front desk staff, only one of the valet guys really impressed me. There is a fine line between great service and being overly snooty and pretentious. I won't mention names here as it isn't important but I would hope the management read this and maybe look into it. I notice a few other people on here have also spoken about the service too. On the service note - I found that a charge had been made on my account by the hotel after I checked out. I emailed them to enquire what it was and have had no reply. Not impressed at all. That fact alone would stop me booking again. Shame.

Finally - valet only parking? I like to park my own car thanks very much. I don't even mind paying for parking but I don't like other people driving my car. Give me the option please.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank AntHeywood
ilLuganoHotel, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Intracoastal/Il Lugano, responded to this review, 8 May 2012
Dear Mr. Heywood,

We appreciate your compliments of il Lugano hotel. Thank you for reaching out to us as it relates to your experience here at il Lugano and I’d like to apologize for the service you received, as this is not the standards we have set for our hotel. Please rest assured I will personally follow-up with the Front Office team and Valet to ensure our standards are set in place. As it relates to the additional charges you have mentioned I will make direct contact with you via the email address we have on file or please inform me of better means by sending it to my e-mail, michael.hatzfeld@illugano.com or 954-564-4400. In the meantime I would welcome the opportunity to have you experience a proper il Lugano vacation in the near future, please feel free to contact me directly.

In the meantime best regards

Michael Hatzfeld
Il Lugano Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (381)
  • Turkish first
Curacao
Reviewed 5 May 2012

We travelled to USA to attend a cooking class which was organized by Epitourean tours. Hotel Il Lugano was included in our package 4 days , 3 nights. This hotel is a boutique hotel, very beautiful view,not far from the Beach and nice and quiet neighbourhood. Our room was nice, although we reserved an ocean view, we got an intercoastal view, but still we enjoyed the room and as an exception we could check in earlier. The only - is the parking, but there is valet parking available. The hotel is near a lot of shopping centers and a couple of minutes form the beach area.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
ilLuganoHotel, Executive Administrative Assistant at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Intracoastal/Il Lugano, responded to this review, 8 May 2012
On behalf of il Lugano staff, thank you for your feedback and the opportunity to have been part of your USA travels. It seems you have a lot of great memories to take back home, from an exciting cooking class experience to beautiful views from il Lugano Hotel. We always ensure our guests receive the best available room type and view. Our apologies the view modification upon your arrival was not to your preference, we do encourage our guests to inform us of such situations this way we may accommodate to your expectations. We hope to have to opportunity to host your next Fort Lauderdale vacation in the future.

Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 1 May 2012

I stayed at the Il Lugano in April 2012. It is a very upscale hotel in a modern building on the intercoastal waterway north of the A1A "strip". The staff is attentive and friendly and made the stay even more pleasurable. The restuarant manager took me for a little tour, and explained the cuisine. It was a nice toch and the food lived up to expectations. The pool area is nice, but small, tucked into the north side of the property, but is does open on to the intercoastal. The rooms are large and well appoiinted. Mine included lots of closet space, a small kitchen and washer and dryer. I would suggest a car to get around, but be prepared for a $25 per night valet fee. It is the only option. Even given that inconvenience, I will stay there again!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
We appreciate your feedback and are very glad you enjoyed your stay. Our staff takes pride in exceeding our guests’ expectations. We look forward to your next il Lugano vacation.

Juneau
Reviewed 24 April 2012

The room was definately more like an apartment, very spacious, walk -in closet. I enjoyed the robes and sitting out on the balcony looking @ the oceanview. Another highlight for us was having an Italian bakery a stones throw away. There was a french and also a greek restaurant in walking distance. If you are a blues and jazz fan, a place called Blue Jeans Blues was just down the street. I guess I would recommend a room higher up to enjoy the view of the water. Don't forget to try the watertaxi in Ft. Lauderdale, if you ask - they can drop you off @ the hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
ilLuganoHotel, Executive Administrative Assistant at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Intracoastal/Il Lugano, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It seems you truly enjoyed all the amenities the hotel has to offer, from the rooms to our convenient water taxi stop. As you mentioned the water taxi stop is located on the North side of the hotel which provides our guests with transportation upon request. It definitely is a great way to enjoy wonderful Intracoastal views while reaching your next destination. On behalf of il Lugano, we hope to see you again soon.

Clifton Park, New York
Reviewed 23 April 2012

When we checked in, we were upgraded at no extra charge to a large suite. It was beautiful & luxurious! We ordered room service for breakfast, and it was a bit on the expensive side, but it was great. The service was excellent. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a free upgrade!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. We always want to ensure our guests receive the best available room type and we inform our guests about any available upgrades upon check-in. We are happy we were able to do this at no extra charge to you. On behalf of il Lugano we hope to be part of your next Fort Lauderdale vacation.