Overall, I really enjoyed my stay. The location is fine. There are a couple of places nearby to get a bite to eat so that you don't have to get into the car. The room itself was fantastic. As other reviewers have pointed out, the front desk staff will kindly upgrade the room when possible. The views from the balcony are great. In the room, you get the benefit of a full kitchen along some nice amenities in the bathroom. There is a TV in the living area as well as the bedroom. A big plus for me is the safe in the closet; always appreciated. The Wifi worked great for me except out on the balconies where it would cut right out. By far the most disappointing part of my stay was the ridiculous valet charge of 25 dollars per night. Nothing more than a money grab! I understand if a hotel wants to offer valet services but self parking should always be an option. And if you're going to tell me that it isn't possible, at least be reasonable with your add-on charges so that it doesn't affect my overall experience. All in all it was a good stay since the Priceline rate was very good. I would stay here again if the rate was rate but just have to stay aware of the valet add-on in order to get a true feeling of the overall value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A masterpiece of contemporary design rising 15 floors above the Intracoastal Waterway, il Lugano Hotel is Ft. Lauderdale’s most fashionable address. Experience the height of exclusivity at this spectacular Fort Lauderdale Beach hotel -- offering ultra-luxurious suite-hotel accommodations and lavishly appointed private residences. Stay only minutes from the city’s financial district, shops, beaches, restaurants, and nightlife. Enjoy stunning Atlantic Ocean and waterway views, world-class amenities, and availability to arrange private dockage for yachts up to 50 feet. Travel to nearby shopping and fine dining establishments in our luxury Cadillac Escalades* (based on availability, fee may apply). Blending the style of the world’s finest boutique hotels and a dedication to flawless personal service, we are redefining expectations for Fort Lauderdale hotel suite accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Marriott, TravelUp, HotelQuickly and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Intracoastal/Il Lugano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Il Lugano Fort Lauderdale
- Hotel Il Lugano
- Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Intracoastal/Il Lugano Florida