We stayed at the W for one night pre-cruise. Our stay began with a weird exchange with the woman at the front desk. Due to the fact I had a spa treatment at Bliss booked until noon, I asked for a one hour late checkout. My request was met with hesitation at first, and then with, "Since you are booked at Bliss, that can probably be accommodated." I asked, "what do I need to do to get that secured?" Answer: "Just come back to the front desk." Me: "Who should I ask for?" Front Desk lady: "Uh, You can ask for me." Me: "Why do I have to make a special trip back down, then. Can't you do it now?" Her: "Umm, O.K. I guess I can." What the heck??? That whole exchange left a bad taste for our first few minutes in the hotel. I wish I could remember her name, but she had below shoulder-length brown curly hair. The room was a little disappointing as compared with other W rooms. For the price of a corner room, I was expecting bigger, nicer, more luxurious. No cushions on the outdoor furniture. Also, the outdoor furniture was very low and crammed into a tiny balcony. The combination tub/shower was outdated, and I won't comment further on the glass wall, except to say that parents with kids -- beware! However, the Bliss amenities were quite nice and I have no other complaints about the room. We ate in the main hotel restaurant on the first floor and it was awesome. I think that the restaurant must be under different management than the hotel, because the level of service was a number of notches higher than in the main hotel. Before dinner, we tried to have a drink in the bar near the lobby and no one would wait on us. My husband finally went to the bar, and the bartender tried to get a server. Frankly, couldn't he have waited on us himself if there were no servers? After no one showed up for ten minutes, we gave up. We were the ONLY ONES sitting in the bar area.
The best part of the visit (other than our meal) was the complementary Acura ride to the cruise port. Easy to book, and very enjoyable!
OK -- I have to say that based on what we experienced, this particular W must have a management problem. I get the impression that staff doesn't care about "Whatever, Whenever." Staff was not up to par with other W's, much less other hotels in this price category. The management here ought to visit the Four Seasons (which I just booked in Miami for $100 less than my W nightly rate) to get an idea of customer service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking South Florida beach with unobstructed ocean views, W Fort Lauderdale has sand and surf on one side, and intercoastal elegance on the other. A daily resort fee of $26.50 will be collected at the property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your W Fort Lauderdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- w Fort Lauderdale Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- w Hotels Fort Lauderdale
- w Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- W Fort Lauderdale Florida