“Birthday Celebration”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 1,434 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Price range: US$35 - US$65
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: US1 & Sunrise Blvd.
Transit: East Sunrise Boulevard
Description: The Capital Grille is here so come and enjoy it all. Our famous dry aged steaks, chops and delicious fresh seafood. In a relaxed and elegant atmosphere. An award-winning wine list that’s creating quite a buzz. Complimentary valet parking. A convenient location right at the main entrance to The Galleria. Even extensive private dining choices.Come for lunch or dinner. For the dining experience you want, right where you want it.
Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

A bunch of us ladies went to Capital Grill for a late lunch to celebrate my sister's 50th birthday. What an incredible experience. Our waiter, Todd, was absolutely amazing. He had a great personality and treated us all like princesses. He took a group photo, printed it out and gave us a copy. bought My sister got a free martini and dessert and we each (7 of us) got a glass of champagne and a red rose! I have to say in all of my 53 years, this has been the best dining experience...oh, and the food was delicious too!

1  Thank Lauren0620

Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

My husband and I just went to The Capital Grille for our anniversary. While the food was amazing, the service was exceptional. Marcio and Jean were absolutely phenomenal. It was a bit chilly in the restaurant and without prompting, Marcio brought me a shawl to use to keep me warm during our stay. In addition, they decorated the table, took our photo, brought us complimentary dessert, and a red rose to top it off. I think it’s safe to say that we will be celebrating many more of our anniversaries at the Capital Grille restaurants. By far, the best experience I’ve had dining out.

1  Thank Jessica H
Reviewed 5 December 2017

This is a lovely place to eat and food was very nice but the prices charged are ludicrous. You will pay double the price for meals than you will in other restaurants for nothing better. Mains are also priced on what you want and you must then purchase the sides making the overall price more than you think. Service was really good and the restaurant very busy giving a good atmosphere but not a restaurant I will return to.

Reviewed 4 December 2017

When I lived and worked in New York City I had been to The Capital Grille several times and really liked it. Now I live in Fort Lauderdale and chose The Capital Grille for my birthday dinner. Started with yummy cocktails and some bread, but after that two out of three entrees were just so-so. Ordered the lettuce wedge with blue cheese dressing and bacon bits to start. The dressing was similar to Marie's in the produce section of most supermarkets. Almost no blue cheese to be found. The bacon didn't seem to be recently cooked. My lamb chops were excellent, my husband's salmon okay, but not special. His brother ordered halibut with mushrooms over rice. We couldn't see the mushrooms and when we asked the waiter he said they were a garnish. So is parsley, but you never see parsley included as part of the description. The mashed potatoes were so overladen with butter and cheese and overly pureed that they were the consistency of baby food. When I reserved the table I was asked if it was a special occasion. I said yes, but nobody inquired further. The next day while eating a $20 breakfast with a friend the waitress knew I had had a birthday and brought us a lovely fruit tart. I thanked her and laughed when I told her the night before that two of us had a $180 dinner (with the tip) and no acknowledgement. I think when people pay top dollar they have the right to have high expectations. Why ask if it's a special occasion if you don't intend to inquire further? Won't return and won't recommend this location in spite of the lovely atmosphere and good service from Ricardo. Disappointed on my big birthday.

Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

Celebrated a birthday and received great service from Todd. Warm and professional. Attentive and caring.
Had the Sliced Filet Mignon. Great taste. The mash potatoes are a great complement.