“Pleasant”
Review of Catfish Deweys

Catfish Deweys
Reserve with OpenTable
Catfish Deweys is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 1,368 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 1/2 mile north of Oakland Pk. Blvd.
Transit: There is a bus stop 100 feet to the south of Catfish Deweys.
Description: Catfish Deweys, established in 1984, is a family owned and operated seafood restaurant offering all you can eat entrees as well as traditional portion meals.
Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

On reading the reviews I wasn’t sure what to expect of the interior, but it was fine, had atmosphere, as my husband said cool. The food was very good. My husband had to catfish, which he said was delicious, my son had the shrimp which was also very good, I had the mahi-mahi which was very good. The portions are large and they give you a variety of sides. My husband would return since it was one of his favorite restaurants and the best catfish he had ever had

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

Don’t understand all the hype this place gets. I’m not a snob, and I didn’t let the “neighborhood joint” appearance influence what I thought of the food. The catfish filets were dried out, and so thin that it was all fried coating and very little fish. The shrimp were ok, but nothing special. Cole slaw was flavorless, best things were the hush puppies. Very crowded, but waiting over an hour to get your food was more than annoying, especially when our server kept telling us the food would be “right out”. I can get better fish and service almost anywhere else. Not to be repeated.

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

These people do incredible job !
Lady at bar was our gracious server. Food is beyond words. Abigail was our incredible personality server!!

Reviewed 26 November 2017

Catfish and shrimp combo. Excellent. The shrimp was fried and very tasty. Large portions - brought some home for next day. Very good food. Casual dining. Come early to avoid the crowd!

Reviewed 24 November 2017

I had lunch here twice. It gets quite crowded, lots of locals. The hush puppies are awesome, the coleslaw not the best that I've had but not bad. I had the catfish, both fried and blackened. The Remoulade sauce that comes with the blackened catfish is delicious. So is the Sweet Ice Tea. Very friendly staff.