“Catfish & Sweet Ice Tea”
Review of Catfish Deweys

Catfish Deweys
Reserve with OpenTable
Catfish Deweys is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #55 of 1,374 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 1/2 mile north of Oakland Pk. Blvd.
Transit: There is a bus stop 100 feet to the south of Catfish Deweys.
Description: Catfish Deweys, established in 1984, is a family owned and operated seafood restaurant offering all you can eat entrees as well as traditional portion meals.
Reviewed 24 November 2017

I had lunch here twice. It gets quite crowded, lots of locals. The hush puppies are awesome, the coleslaw not the best that I've had but not bad. I had the catfish, both fried and blackened. The Remoulade sauce that comes with the blackened catfish is delicious. So is the Sweet Ice Tea. Very friendly staff.

Reviewed 14 November 2017

This place has all kinds of seafood, including some from freshwater environments. Today I had the appetizer portion of frog legs. There were various methods it could be cooked, such as deep fried, blackened, sautéed, grilled. I chose sautéed, in a pan with lemon and butter, a wise choice as it turned out. There were plenty of frog legs in the serving, and they were succulent. And yes, they did taste somewhat like chicken.

This meal also came with a basket of hush puppies. Though deep fried, they were quite tasty and a fitting complement to the frog legs.

Check this restaurant out if you like seafood,.

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Stopped in here about 3 pm on a Sunday. When you sit down they bring you hush puppies and coleslaw immediately . We both ordered the fried catfish platter. . It came out fast and hot. The fish was good. The coleslaw was great. I got mine with a baked potato. We both enjoyed lunch. There is free parking but it is limited. There is parking lot next door that charges $3.

Thank Bruce S. H
Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

My wife, a friend visiting from out of town, and I came for dinner at about 4 on a Sunday. My wife and I had never been here, but our friend (a big eater) had been here previously and enjoyed the all-you-can-eat stone crab. He prefers the colossal ones, but the largest they had were the jumbo ones. At $155, I thought the price was a bit steep, but our friend ate quite a bit and felt it was worth it. My wife ordered the all-you-can-eat catfish. She brought most of the initial amount home with her. It was $16.99 (not bad) and I had a broiled combo of scallops, shrimp, and mahi-mahi with a baked potato for $22. We had a gator tail appetizer that was very good (tender and not over-breaded. My wife and I had the key lime pie too. It was very good. The waitstaff was very attentive and pleasant. Our friend had some fried shrimp along with his many servings of claws. Parking can be an issue as they don’t have much room for their patrons. We were lucky to get a spot at the place just across the side street. I recommend the place, but feel the trek to South Beach to visit Joe’s is still the best bet for stone crab. Billy’s in Hollywood also did the all-you-can-eat stone crab, but I don’t know how their price compares.

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

I can not get enough os
F food in this room lace ,crawfish is my best dish,price could
Be better Srvice is excellent