“Love this place”
Review of Chima Steakhouse

Chima Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Chima Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 1,482 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Price range: US$37 - US$57
Cuisines: Barbecue, Brazilian, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Located on the trendy Las Olas Boulevard just minutes from the beach, Chima offers a serene dining experience with a touch of exclusivity. The Fort Lauderdale location provides a chic dining experience from the minute you step foot into the captivating courtyard. The outside bar and courtyard provide an escape from the traditional happy-hour scene with our exceptional drink specials.
Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

Went to Chimas to celebrate my wife's bday.
Did I tell you how much I love this place?
Love the atmosphere, the food and service.
Our server was Adin, such a nice guy, always smiling and promptly to help us.
Salad bar always with great choices and everything was so fresh.
The only feedback is that I found some of the meats with very little salt and the Lamb Chopps weren't so great at this time, but I still give them a 5 stars because they're still the best Brazilian Steakhouse in SoFla.
Will be back soon.
Thanks again

Write a ReviewReviews (1,043)

Reviewed 1 December 2017

One of the nicest Brazilian restaurants I have been to. Great entry way with giant trees making a delightful patio setting. Food is incredible. Price is reasonable for the high quality food you get. Salad bar is well dressed, and plentiful.

Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

First, the restaurant itself is beautiful. Nice little courtyard and just very nicely appointed. I have been to many Brazilian steakhouses and this one may be my favorite.

I’ll compare to Fogo De Chao where service tends to be underwhelming at best. The service here was fantastic. Lucas, our server, was fantastic took multiple pictures for a birthday.

Servers came by with the meat very quickly.

So much food! The buffet was pretty good, the sides (fried banana, cheese bread, potatoes) all fantastic, meat was very good. Dessert was very good.

Beware it is pricey. More expensive than Fogo. Our bill for 2 with no alcohol plus one dessert came out to about $150.

Reviewed 25 November 2017

My partner and I decided to switch it up this year for Thanksgiving and have someone else do the cooking, so we chose to dine at Chima. We’ve been here a countless number of times, so we knew what to expect in terms of customer service and food quality. Upon arriving there were two young ladies at the door who were greeting guest as they entered and even offered to take pictures. When we approached the door, we were not greeted by the young ladies; in fact, they walked away from the door leaving us to open the door ourselves. That was strike one. When we approached the hostess stand, I have advised her that we had reservations at 7:45 and she informed us that it is a possibility that we won’t be seated until ten minutes after our reservation time. We were fine with that. She then went on to inform us about the bar and the outdoor area and that they will text us when our table was ready.
About 7:43 we received a text message stating that our table was ready: Whoo hoo, which was two minutes before our reservation time, so that was a plus.
We were seated in the middle of the walkway. Guest and staff constantly bumped my arm as they walked by. This happened the entire night and it was very frustrating. That was strike two.
Our server, Jorge V, was neither welcoming nor attentive. He did not greet us, ask if we’ve dined there before and the list goes on. My water glass was empty for about 15 minutes before the table next to us flagged Jorge down and informed him of this. Please note that he had walked by several times, but failed to refill my glass. He didn’t seem to have a passion for service and he failed to respond to cues or make a personal connection with us. Strike three. Overall the service was well below average.
The food, however, was amazing as usual, but for the amount of money we spent, I just wished the overall experience was remarkable. You can tell a lot about a server by the way they work under pressure and my server clearly couldn't handle the volume of patrons that night. To be honest, as I glanced around the restaurant, the majority of the staff seemed overwhelmed. No one smiled. They all had stern faces. This prompted me to take Chima off my list of dining options on busy holidays.

1  Thank Mel G
Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

Absolutley fantastic... Some of the best food I've ever had. Great service. Loved the free birthday pic of my party after dinner.