“Wonderful French Bistro - hidden gem”
Review of Hardy Park Bistro

Hardy Park Bistro
Ranked #21 of 1,487 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 September 2018

My daughter decided to take me to diner and since I spent the last 20 years living and dining in Europe she chose this delightful little bistro in Ft Lauderdale. We had a wonderful meal that was on par with many of the best restaurants I frequented in France and elsewhere in Europe.

Food - The food was first rate. It was fresh, tasty, and well presented. My daughter had a hamburger, that a friend had recommended, and she wasn't disappointed. I think I'll try that the next time I go provided it is still on the menu. I had the mussels and since I lived in Belgium, this was a test match meal, since I have had some awesome mussels. I can only say they were as good as any I have ever had. Large, succulent mussels that had all opened and the sauce was excellently prepared. I was very impressed. These were the best mussels I have had in the US bar none. Pictures of our meals are attached.

Service - The service was excellent. Courteous, pleasant, knowledgeable, and attentive without hovering. She was able to answer all of our questions about the menu and wine and was able to make informed recommendations. She recommended the mussels.

Place/atmosphere - The key word here is bistro although it is on the upscale side of the traditional bistro outside of France. It is small, cozy, warm, and comforting. The decor is simple, but very nice and tasteful. They also have a few tables out on the street that face the park across the street. Parking is on the street and can be a challenge, like everywhere else in Ft Lauderdale, but plan on a few extra minutes to find parking and you'll be fine. Use your GPS to find this nice little out of the way bistro. You won't be disappointed.

Cost - Since I wasn't allowed to pay the bill I can't say exactly what was paid, but overall, I think the food and wine are reasonably priced for the area. And considering the quality of the food and excellent service this bistro is good value for your money.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 23 August 2018

I almost don't want to review on trip advisor because this is my go to gem without crowds. their changing menu almost never disappoints and I find its my fave on date night. Leo is my favorite server and he is professional and sweet.
they started a new prix fix menu and its perfectly perfect for everyone.
not a place for kids or large crowds. pay for parking by the app. tickets are issued by the city. by all means have the sticky date pudding or choc mousse. pork chop and chicken pate are also very good. bring your own wine and corking fee is reasonable at $20. Sit outside when its chilly.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

The reviews got us here and the food will bring us back again.
On a Sunday evening, we had no problem parking in front of this small restaurant. Tables are packed into a small gray space, with a few out front and yet the simple decor provides a pleasant, calm ambiance. Music is ever present yet not overwhelming. And the servers are well informed and very helpful
Impressed by the eclectic selection and daily specials, we were told that the menu changes weekly and that lunch and dinner have different options daily.
Everything was amazing and honestly, the pork chop with wild mushroom sauce might be the best we ever had - moist and delicious. Everything was homemade, even the ice cream!
This is worth the trip. Can’t wait to come back again.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

Hardy Park Bistro is hands down one of my favorite restaurants in Fort Lauderdale. From the simple ambiance, stellar service, and mouthwatering food, it was a wonderful experience. I can’t wait to come back!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 22 July 2018

First visit to this small intimate restaurant tonite, and cannot say enough! Vast assortment of appetizers and mains makes it difficult to choose .. talked to a group of 6 near us and they all had different items and every one was recommended ! Got the corn appetizer special and truly never had such a perfect dish. Salmon is absolutely perfect. Go Go Go.
fantastic place