1,353 results
All reviews across the street front desk german restaurant hi express shuttle service big lots room was clean free shuttle winn dixie next morning free breakfast strip mall one night stay lauderdale airport would stay here again liquor store great place to stay
Reviewed 28 September 2018

Our recent 4 night stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dort Lauderdale, Airport/Cruise on Stare Road 84 was our first ever disappointment with a Holiday Inn. On arrival at the hotel the desk clerk did not recognise my IHG Membership card, asking me, “Is this your credit card?”

The reservation was for a King Bed Junior Suite. This was selected after viewing the hotel website where the Junior Suite featured a table and two chairs which would allow in room dining to be enjoyable.

Negatives
IHG Loyalty card not recognised at check-in.
King Bed Junior Suite did not have the furniture still currently being shown on website.
Manager not available to discuss this matter.
Strong odour of urine in bathroom.
Several phone calls needed to get assistance with this issue.
Manager still not available.
Door to room needed to be forced with shoulder to open. Not an option when you are in your 70’s.
Had to threaten checkout to get room change.
New room had wet carpet.
Still no manager available.

Positives
Current update works did not cause us any issues.
No noise from busy road.
Good restaurants nearby, a German one and Wendy’s.
Supermarket opposite.
Convenient location.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank garcher34
CaringManagement, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your recent visit. We are sorry to see that we did not meet or exceed your expectations in a few areas during your recent visit, and while some negative feedback is disappointing, guest feedback is one of our most valuable tools in evaluating our product and services. We regularly meet to address issues that have a negative impact on our guest experiences, and your comments will be shared with our entire team. We know that all of our guests have a variety of choices when it comes to accommodations in the area and we seek to constantly improve in any way possible. Please know that we take each of our guests comments to heart and wish to thank you for sharing with us and we certainly hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in order to enjoy the hotel, many have come to know and love.

Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

Staff was great,nice and clean rooms,and good breakfast.Great price even though it was under renovation.I would recommend to anyone looking for a great place to stay for vacation or business trips in Fort Lauderdale.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you so much for choosing to stay here at our hotel, we realize you could have stayed at another hotel. But our staff is the best, and we appreciate our guests so much and go out of our way to make every person feels welcome and at home. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and we look forward to having you back.

Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

My husband and I came into town early to by pass hurricane Florence so we didn’t miss our cruise. When we travel, we normally stay at IHG properties as they have the amenities we are looking for. So when makings this reservation, I found the Holliday Inn Express (HIE) located at 1150 state road 84 in Fort Lauderdale Florida. I pulled this property up using google map prior to calling. The pictures listed when you are directed to the website were typical of any HIE. There were some good and some bad reviews. As with any hotel I expect to see good and bad review. I read each of them and decided on booking. When I called the booking agent, I was getting prices much higher than the internet. So I asked the guy why can’t you just match the internet price?? He finally did. Only to realize the price you are given does not include the taxes and high fees. I asked about the airport shuttle and was told I needed to contact the hotel directly.
I called the hotel and asked about the airport shuttle. The gentleman took my name, airline and arrival time and said the shuttle would be there!
Arrival day!! The first day of a long over due vacation! First, I get off the airplane only to find no shuttle. Called the hotel, was told it would be 20-30 min. I told her I called several days ago to set this up. She said “we don’t make appointments”. Then why bother to take down my information! So the van finally arrives,load up our stuff and oh my got!!!! Make sure you were a seat belt. The driver was on the phone (not hands free) for most of the drive. He was driving was terrifying!
When we arrived at the hotel, it was then I realized it was under a MAJOR RENOVATION! Why weren’t we told this when we made the renovation??? I would not have stayed here! We were met by very rude guest staff after waiting for 10 minutes and being ignored.
We headed to our room realized that there is very little to NO air conditioning in the hallway. We enter our hot room(88) and immediately turn the AC down.
I have to say, the renovations are less than impressive. You can tell that this was a fast renovation as attention to detail is truly missing. First, remove the painters tape from the back of the door. Really! Second, if you are looking for a tub... you won’t find one here! The bathrooms have shower stalls only!
The quality of Workmanship is very poor. Missing caulk, bad batch jobs, and dirty. If your going to install a floating vanity. Clean under it!!! I have to say, after one night I am truly disappointed in this proper and the Holiday Inn Express brand. It is hot (78) in the room after trying to cool it down all night.
This makes for a miserable night sleeping!
So when you finally fall asleep the jack hammering and hammering started at 7 am!!! So much for sleeping in and relaxing on my vacation.

2  Thank S R

Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your recent stay at our property. First of all, please accept our sincere apologies, as we were very disappointed to read that we failed to create a wow experience. Our goal is to make each guests visit memorable and rest assured your comments will be reviewed with our management team. We do hope you will give us an opportunity in the future to show you our true hospitality

Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

I love this hotel we always stay there when we come into ft lauderdale. They are always so helpful and great. Rooms are alway super clean and nice. This time when we came in somehow our reservation was accidentally cancelled and they still found a room for us. They were great!

2  Thank Danielle R

Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

Our flight was canceled and we end In This hotel the in the pictures looks beautiful but when we arrive we when thru the back door all the lobby was under construction it was absolutely horrible , if I will know this I will not stay here, the bed make a squeaky noice and the morning breakfast was lousy.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple