“The Perfect place for a Wedding”

Atlantic Hotel & Spa
Ranked #16 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 22 January 2012

I highly recommend the Atlantic Resort & Spa. We had our early morning wedding at the Resort in the Sunrise Room. This room is located on the 14th floor overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. The views were spectacular, especially with the sun rising off of the ocean. If you are looking for an intimate location for your wedding, this is the place.

In addition, the entire staff was awesome. The Catering and Events Manager, Candace did an excellent job from start to finish to make our day extra special. Our guests were so impressed with the staff, service and location. I would definitely use the Resort to host other events.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Atlantic Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 21 January 2012

Everything about this hotel is top notch- the rooms, the comfort level, the staff, the convenience- all of it. It surpassed my expectations. The most comfortable bed with thick cotton and down- clean and glorious bathroom with marble shower and tub, a small kitchenette stocked for morning coffee, a balcony overlookng the ocean, a great pool- yes its small (narrow but long) but I only needed to get wet and you are on the 5th floor with a view of the ocean. The spa is complimentary for the sauna, steam and whirlpool, the restaurant bar is so nice- the staff is really accommodating and friendly. I wish everyone could afford such a stay. I was there for a special event- so I had accommodations that were outside of my normal budget- but if you have the money- go there. You will not regret it. A perfect break from the cold and the workday!

Room Tip: Ask for the south side if you want the sun.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank IleneUpstateNY
JonGoldberg_Fl, Director of the Front Office at Atlantic Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for you wonderful comments regarding your stay with us, we are so happy to know that everything was top notch and enjoyable and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 21 January 2012

I have always stayed at the big chains, Hilton, Sheraton, Westin, etc...but from now on any trip to Ft. Lauderdale, FL will take me to The Atlantic Resort and Spa. A large property for a boutique hotel, with a freindly and professional staff, a great restaurant, incredible ocean front location and a relaxing and inviting spa. This hotel should be your destination. The concierge - Janete Lemke was an espically pleasant surprise. She directed us to 2 restaurants - Canyon and Truluck, both of which were not touristy and were absolutly fantastic. The weather was great, but the service and accommodations were outstanding and that is what made this such a memorable vacation.

Room Tip: Direct ocean front King room...spacious with a magnificent view.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Wow what a great comment!! I am so happy to know that Janete made your stay so enjoyable as she is key in delivering an amazing guest experience.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 18 January 2012

Found the hotel online and decided to go for New Years weekend. Spent 3 nights and had a terrific time. Even though we live in Naples, less than 2 hours away, we had never spent time in Lauderdale. I liked the fact that the hotel was smaller, (125 rooms?) than the Ritz, Marriott, Sheraton, etc. By the end of the first day the valets, bellmen, front desk people all greeted us by name. The concierge we dealt with, Sheryl, was a real gem. Got us an impossible dinner reservation our first night, recommended a boat tour, for Sunday, and has a great smile and attitude about her job. She truly cares. On New Years Eve my husband's scooter had a problem, and Sheryl had a locksmith at the hotel within an hour who had us good to go in 3 minutes! I would go back any time. Had an oceanfront suite and loved it. Spacious, comfy bed, and heavenly pillows....

Room Tip: Ocean View (side of hotel) and Ocean Front are 2 different categories.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We are so happy to know that you enjoyed your New Year with us and that our wonderful staff made such a great difference. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future and let us know if there is anything we can help with!

Reviewed 14 January 2012

I've stayed here before and will probably come back, but they have some things that need to be worked on...

Let's start with 5***** for location, 5***** for beautiful room (we took a 1 bd suite as we had to do some work) which looked out on the ocean... 5***** for very nice attentive staff (though see below) that were mostly happy cheery - nice!

4**** for the kitchen... it's a big full working kitchen and as we were spending a lot of time in the room because we were working, we wanted a full kitchen and this room fit the bill perfectly except... no knives, 2 glasses, no paper towels, no sponge or dishwasher soap, the dish soap was empty and the coffee maker was of the 2-cup variety - ugh not to mention the coffee was terrible, we had to go to Starbuck and buy their coffee... We called up and they eventually stocked everything. But come on peeps, you offer a full kitchen it has to have the basics, we don't expect you to supply our food, but the basic cooking needs please!

1* for internet connection. Thank god we took our 4G hotspot and 4G was working here as the "high-speed" internet was non existent in our room! If we moved closer to the front entry it got better but by the working desk - nope, zip, nothing, nada... Hmmm kinda need internet to work in this day no?

1* for room service / restaurant... We go in our 1st day around 3PM and called room service they connected us to the kitchen (really?) and we were told closed. Hmmm called front desk and they said no no they're open and they called and were told closed. But the lovely front desk person said, we could go to the pool and order... Uh hello... I want room service, if I wanted to walk to the pool or restaurant, I would have chosen that option... I said wait, I have an idea! Why don't you send room service to the pool and get us 2 cheeseburgers medium rare with fries, we'll keep it simple... uh well, I'll see what I can do for you... Really??? you're joking... Ok, food comes 45 minutes later - jeez it was just a burger but ok... Open the top and the fries are a warm soggy mess! It must have been sitting under the plate cover for 20 minutes... the burger itself was well done and the bun was a soggy mess too... Oh wait, 2 cheeseburgers, and 2 diet cokes + the added 20% gratuity ..... drum roll..... $50... OMFG...

I went down later that eve and told Jessie at the front desk... btw Jessie is the best! She deserves a raise management ok... She was aghast and promptly removed the charges and said she was terribly sorry and that they have had a large turnover in staff. I asked why there was no room service menu and she said that they are working on it... ??? Really, this place has been around for years... and they're still working on a room service menu?

1* for on site restaurant... really nothing appealing on the menu hence we made all our breakfasts and lunches and went off property for our meals... such a shame.

I'm giving 3***

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank KenF150
JonGoldberg_Fl, Director of the Front Office at Atlantic Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments about Jessie as she is a shining light here at the hotel, we are sorry to hear about your room service experience as this is not normal and this issue has been addressed.

I am happy to know that Jessie was able to assist in this matter and we look forward to seeing you again!