All reviews cruise port total wine across the street dollar store shuttle driver small kitchen within walking distance stayed here for one night front desk staff coffee maker hotel shuttle staff was very friendly and helpful full kitchen esa publix microwave starbucks
Reviewed 17 September 2018

I say great staff, but there was really only one that was exceptional, young lady at the front desk that took initiative. The other front desk representative (young guy) was a totally jerk actually.

Why did I ever choose this place (actually I didn't, did a "hotwire" booking and got this property), lobby is terrible. Rooms are basic. No amenities in the room to use for the kitchen (although you can ask for it). More homeless people (or what seemed to be homeless...sorry) than anything else.

Not only will I avoid ESA ever again, but I'll also avoid doing anything with Hotwire again.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Thank you for the review and for choosing our hotel. We hate knowing you had difficulties during your stay with us, and we apologize for not being responsive to your needs. We strive to provide an outstanding experience to all our guests, and we are genuinely sorry that we failed. Please note, kitchenware and other in-room amenities are available at the front desk as per the brand standard and are always complimentary. We appreciate the valuable feedback and hope you will give us a second chance to make a better impression.

Reviewed 12 September 2018

I can't believe the difference from the sister property I stayed at across town to this one... it was a complete night and day. Great Job Extended Stay Convention Center-Cruise Port... your hotel is super clean and it was a pleasure to stay there. I even extended a few extra days because it was clean and nice atmosphere.

Thanks again and I will be referring business to you !!!!

Room Tip: great value
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Thank you for staying at Extended Stay America. We are delighted to know you were impressed with the excellent service delivered by our associates and that you enjoyed at our clean & well-maintained property. Your compliments will be shared with the entire team. Thanks again for the recommendation, and we cannot wait for your next visit.

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Hotel nicely located near the airport and cruiseport. Hotel rooms could be better they’re sort of outdated, but the staff is GREAT! The shuttle driver Domnic was very nice and didn’t hesitate to show us places near hotel and hats off to the two ladies Marlene and Neeka upon arrival. They got my husband and I in early all while dealing with some very unpleasant people. Those ladies rock.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Tinab, thank you for being our guest at Extended Stay America. It’s a pleasure to know you found our location ideal for your needs and were especially impressed by the service provided by our courteous associates. We will be sure to share your compliments with Domnic, Marlene, and Neeka for taking good care of you. We value your feedback and look forward to welcoming you both back soon.

Reviewed 18 August 2018

A bit worn down, as it had a kitchenette my entire room smelled of whatever was cooking with the previous guest. Smelled for the entire day. And smelled of whoever else was cooking something somewhere. The clerk at the front desk pretty much badgered usin to writing a review. Look. Its not terrible. It's just not really good. Like when you are trying to check in and there are 15 people waiting and one of the front desk people is eating on the front desk with someone who appeared out of a side door in a hallway with their lunch. Got a staff room? Its really close to the port and the shuttle driver was hilarious and helpful. I'm glad I only had an overnighter. Located close to everything. I'd pay more to sleep somewhere else given a second chance.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2018

Christopher, thank you for your feedback. Although we are happy you and your family liked our location, we are sorry our hotel was not up to your expectations. Your comments have been shared with the concerned individuals in our organization planning a future renovation. Also, we apologize for the cleanliness issues you had during your stay and for the subpar service you received from our staff. We are reviewing this with the concerned teams to make sure we are diligent moving forward. We hope you will return so we can make it up to you.

Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

Although the staff was nice, this hotel needs a major makeover inside and especially a very major paint job and clean-up. Our room looked like it had not been cleaned in months. Yellow stains on the pillow (omg !!) and the air conditioning unit was so dirty, I cleaned the filters myself. Take a look at the pictures and see for yourself. Even though the staff was very nice, I am unfortunately not going back. It doesn't take much to clean a filter, I did it myself in 10 minutes.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback. Although we are glad you and your family liked our associates, we are sorry our hotel was not up to your expectations and for the cleanliness issues you had during your stay. Your comments will be shared with the people in our organization who are responsible for formulating plans for future renovations. Also, we are reviewing this with our Housekeeping team to make sure we redouble our efforts towards providing our guests with the clean accommodations they deserve. We hope you will return so we can make it up to you.