“Excellent hotel for pre-cruise” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port

Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Ranked #10 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Excellent hotel for pre-cruise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

We've been to Ft. Lauderdale for many cruises in the past, but it's our first time at this property. It is conveniently located with many restaurants and shops within walking distance. The service at the hotel was above and beyond my expectation. They offered shuttle service to a local restaurant close by, dropped us off, and came back to pick us after we got done with dinner. Simply superb, especially for our group of 10 people. Breakfast was excellent with a variety of options. Few minor complaints. I didn't care for the sales pitch with Rendezvous in the car ride from airport to the hotel and after we checked in. The walls between the rooms are thin. We had a room next to a group of people who slammed their doors and talking very loudly at 3-4 in the morning. It would be nice to have more than one computer available to use especially with the amount of people they have at the hotel. Oh, one of the computer users I waited for happen to be an employee, not a hotel guest. Hence, 4 star ratings instead of 5. However, it doesn't diminish our return should we happen to come back to the area again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank F2Rtraveler
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
Greetings and thank you for taking a moment to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor. We love hearing from our wonderful guests! I am thrilled that you thought our service went "Above and Beyond" your expectations! That is music to a GM's ears! It appears you also enjoyed the free shuttle service and had a good breakfast. I do apologize that your neighbors were noisy and that you had to wait on an employee to get off the lobby computer ( I will take care of this immediately and you can bet that will NEVER happen again!)
Overall, it sounds like you had a great stay and I want to welcome you back to my hotel on your next trip to SUNNY FLORIDA!
GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
minneapolis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

Stayed here for a cruise out of Port Everglades, both before the cruise and also the day after the cruise.
The hotel's shuttle service was great, both to/from the airport and also
services the cruise ship and nearby (within a mile) area locations and is no extra charge.
We also took the shuttle to a nearby restaurant (Rendezvous) which was good.
The room was quiet and clean. The kids had fun in the pool.
Breakfast was good. Several families in our group stayed here and all enjoyed it.
Would defintely stay here again for our next cruise.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank joey125
Hello there. I wanted to thank you for taking a moment to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor. We do value our guests feedback. I am happy that you enjoyed our shuttle service to the airport and Port Everglades cruise port and the fact that we can even take you to area restaurants within a mile of the hotel. You also mentioned that the rooms were clean and breakfast was good. Thanks for your business and I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!
Mt. Pleasant, S.C.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

We spent the night at this property before going on a Carnival Cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale. We arrived in the evening before the cruise, checked in and had a very good night in the hotel. The next morning, the breakfast was as expected in a Hampton Inn. This hotel also provides a shuttle service to the Ft. Lauderdale cruise port and will let you park your car in the hotel parking lot for the duration of your cruise.
The hotel is clean and neat with comfortable rooms and beds. The morning breakfast is very good. The shuttle service to and from the port is great.
The morning we were to leave on our Cruise, Carnival was running about two hours late. The hotel staff called around, got all of the information and made sure were were comfortable at the hotel while waiting for time to go to the port. We had a great time drining a little coffee and talking with other guests who were also going on the cruise. We it came time go to the port, the hotel staff loaded us all into three different busses and off we went. The hotel is a very short drive from the port.
I was very impressed with the courtersy and efficiency of this property. If you are going "cruising" out of Ft. Lauderdale, and want to arrive one day early, this is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: The hotel is a couple of blocks from the main road, so there is no noise problem to be concerned wit...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank SCTraveler16
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 23 February 2012
Hello there and thanks so much for taking a moment to fill out a nice review on Trip Advisor for my hotel. We enjoy hearing our guests comments! I am very happy that you enjoyed our breakfast, our complimentary shuttle and our service provided to you by our associates. We love having you here! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

London, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

If you're going to stay in Ft. Lauderdale, this Hampton Inn is the only one you should consider.
It is very clean and comfortable but the thing that has won my husband and I over is the service they give you. They went above and beyond. When my scooter wouldn't work at Detroit, David gave us a phone number to call and we got one delivered right to our room on the ship. He also took us to a restaurant for dinner and picked us up after.
The room attendant helped us down to the lobby with our luggage. Their free hot and cold breakfast was great and the lady looking after it was friendly and helpful. Other hotels need to see what service is all about!
HATS OFF TO DAVID AND STAFF! From your Canadian friends

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank scooterlady_12
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
Hello there my Canadian Friends! Hope all is well. Thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor. We love hearing about your experiences at my hotel. I am Delighted to hear that you were very happy with our service. My staff works awfully hard to ensure our guests are happy! Finding you a scooter was my pleasure..... it is what we are here for. I wish all your friends and family a happy year and do hope to see you all next year on your next trip to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Lexington, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

After using trip advisor to locate a motel to stay in the night before our cruise, we decided upon the Hampton Inn Airport/Cruise port. Great decision! We arrived the night of the Super Bowl, and quickly settled in to go shopping for last-minute items in the strip center across the street. This neighborhood has BMW's and Audi's all around, so you can feel pretty safe (as one can get, nowadays). Brought Italian (highly recommend) back to our spacious room with 2 other couples to watch the game. Had plenty of room in a nice clean motel. The breakfast buffet was great, and the girl working there obviously enjoys helping us travelers. Took the shuttle (great drivers), and left our car on the property - saving us over $100 in parking fees. Upon returning, the shuttle picked us up quickly, and the car was fine. We were even asked in for some breakfast before we hit the road! I would highly recommend this motel to travelers as a fantastic bargain, and to the local visitor as an alternative to the pricier motels on the beach. The staff was great, service wonderful, and we will return.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
7 Thank JoD80
Hello there! Thank you so much for taking a moment to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor. I am happy that you had a great stay with us. You mentioned that you enjoyed our drivers and our Guest Service Representatives and that they took good care of you. Glad to hear that you thought the area was nice and that parking with us was a great value! I would love to personally invite you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!