We were in Ft. Lauderdale for one night prior to a cruise. The hotel is quite near to the port, and we had a window on the 12th floor that looked right out at the port, so we saw ships pull out that afternoon and ours waiting for us the next morning. That's nice. The hotel is close to a lot of other hotels, and not many restaurants in easy walking distance. I would have expected a bit more. (There is a Walgreen's right across the street, which actually came in handy!).
It's a very nice looking hotel, with some very amusing or fanciful decorations throughout. The lobby and surrounding spaces are very pleasing. These Renaissance hotels in general seem to have nice decor and are fun to visit.
The room was nicely sized. Bed was comfortable and we had lots of space in the living area. The bathroom was a bit smaller than I would have expected given the size of the rest of the room.
The basic rate for the room was quite reasonable. But as with all hotels of this ilk, I do get frustrated that the breakfast buffet is $25 per person, internet was not free, etc. etc. Really nickel and dimed.
Everyone on the staff was very nice, although the bar service was terrible. I wanted a beer at about 4pm. There were three other groups at the bar. But it took me 10 minutes to get served. (The next day, on the cruise ship, it took me 2 minutes to get served and there were 10 people around me. It can be done.)
The hotel does not provide cruise port service...they have a 3rd party to use. $6 per person. These guys did a nice job.
If we stay in FLL again prior to a cruise, I'll go somewhere else that isn't quite so expensive, probably. Just isn't worth all that extra money for a stay that lasted 16 hours.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port hotel near Port Everglades is perfectly situated in the heart of Fort Lauderdale’s vibrant 17th Street cruise district. We are located at the entrance to Port Everglades and the Broward County Convention Center, 5 minutes from Fort Lauderdale Beach, downtown Fort Lauderdale and Las Olas Blvd. Hop on the Water Taxi, we’re steps from the stop. If arriving by plane, we’re only 10 minutes from Fort Lauderdale International Airport and while renting a car is easy, the Sun Trolley is a unique way to get around. Our renovated lobby, restaurants, and guest rooms provide a contemporary coastal feel. Relax under swaying palm trees, catch a nap in a pool-side cabana, or sip cocktails under the Fort Lauderdale sun. Whether starting or ending the day, our culinary team will awaken your senses. Sip locally roasted coffee at Calusa Coffee Bar, treat yourself to a locally-inspired meal at Bistro 17, or enjoy craft cocktails and local beers at R Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port Hotel Florida
- Fort Lauderdale Renaissance