“Perfectly acceptable pre-cruise stay”

Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port Hotel
Ranked #32 of 131 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 28 August 2017

We were in Ft. Lauderdale for one night prior to a cruise. The hotel is quite near to the port, and we had a window on the 12th floor that looked right out at the port, so we saw ships pull out that afternoon and ours waiting for us the next morning. That's nice. The hotel is close to a lot of other hotels, and not many restaurants in easy walking distance. I would have expected a bit more. (There is a Walgreen's right across the street, which actually came in handy!).

It's a very nice looking hotel, with some very amusing or fanciful decorations throughout. The lobby and surrounding spaces are very pleasing. These Renaissance hotels in general seem to have nice decor and are fun to visit.

The room was nicely sized. Bed was comfortable and we had lots of space in the living area. The bathroom was a bit smaller than I would have expected given the size of the rest of the room.

The basic rate for the room was quite reasonable. But as with all hotels of this ilk, I do get frustrated that the breakfast buffet is $25 per person, internet was not free, etc. etc. Really nickel and dimed.

Everyone on the staff was very nice, although the bar service was terrible. I wanted a beer at about 4pm. There were three other groups at the bar. But it took me 10 minutes to get served. (The next day, on the cruise ship, it took me 2 minutes to get served and there were 10 people around me. It can be done.)

The hotel does not provide cruise port service...they have a 3rd party to use. $6 per person. These guys did a nice job.

If we stay in FLL again prior to a cruise, I'll go somewhere else that isn't quite so expensive, probably. Just isn't worth all that extra money for a stay that lasted 16 hours.

Room Tip: See if you can get a room with a port view.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RMurray847
Write a ReviewReviews (1,230)

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Trip for business! Room was awesome and super clean! As a gold Marriott member, They upgraded me to the executive lounge and managers reception. Breakfast was the bomb! The eggs were so so but everything else rocked.
Staff super accommodating and willing to go beyond the basics.
Positives: room, staff and super close to food within walking distance!
Negatives: None!

Highly recommend staying here.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Ajames23
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

It's me again, well we're here for our cruise. Now, first the price, it wasn't bad $120 for a king. Now when you walk into the hotel, it is very nice, well done with art work & all....We walked into one room and had to turn around because of what seemed like a smoke smell, now ok it happens I understand that & the desk gave us another room w/no questions within seconds, very friendly. The rooms are clean but not as big as I thought they would be, the furniture is ok but I thought they would be bigger... now I have the hotel 3 out of 5 because for the name of this place, I'm really into names of hotels that in my mind tells me I'll get a good nights sleep but this mattress is almost a brick!!!! Only 4 pillows & they aren't the softest.. now the do have a nice 45" tv, nice LG... now they charge for parking, THAT TURNS ME OFF!!!! Over all, would I recommend this hotel, I would but it wouldn't be 1st choice, it's a very nice hotel, nice & clean but a couple of things I'm not fond of that maybe you all may not look down on.. well that's my report..

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Erika B, Manager at Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Dear Hotelbody,

We appreciate your feedback. We apologized for not meeting your expectations. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you better next time you are in Fort Lauderdale.

Erika Sanchez
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 21 August 2017

Stayed here two days pre cruise. The place is 10 minutes from the airport and less then 5 minutes to the cruise port. The place seems to have been updated recently, it's clean, the staff is friendly the bedding and rooms are comfortable. We used the pool which was nice and quiet. Our room included breakfast that was surprisingly good. The wait staff was friendly and attentive. They had fresh squeezed orange juice, fresh fruit, fresh eggs, sausage and bacon we were expecting the opposite. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Lou R
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Our experience was very pleasant. Sam G at the front desk was a real pleasure to deal with. He was friendly, professional and a pleasure to do business with. Nice room and great location. Would definitely come back.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple