For the past 8 years we have stayed at the cruise port hotel and have been very satisfied with our stay. This year we booked 2 nights previous to a cruise. The rates were extremely high, almost double what we paid last year. We arrived about noon and were told our room was not ready, to come back at 4 when it was check in time. Our travelling partners arrived at 11AM and had to wait only 1/2 hour for their room to be ready. At 4 we were given our key, desk clerk was not at all pleasant. Room was recently renovated, clean and neat. Had breakfast in the concierge room with CeeCee who is always very pleasant and helpful. She told us the room would be closed for the week-end (????) and to apply at the lobby for a slip to eat in the breakfast buffet. We did and were given 2 slips to eat there. Travelling companions were told the same and man at desk told them they didn't do it and to eat elsewhere. These people always stayed there, but were extremely angry at the service and went to another hotel to eat. They are definitely not going to stay there again. We feel others had the same treatment and all are of the same opinion to not return. We probably will not return either, thanks to discourteous staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port hotel near Port Everglades is perfectly situated in the heart of Fort Lauderdale’s vibrant 17th Street cruise district. We are located at the entrance to Port Everglades and the Broward County Convention Center, 5 minutes from Fort Lauderdale Beach, downtown Fort Lauderdale and Las Olas Blvd. Hop on the Water Taxi, we’re steps from the stop. If arriving by plane, we’re only 10 minutes from Fort Lauderdale International Airport and while renting a car is easy, the Sun Trolley is a unique way to get around. Our renovated lobby, restaurants, and guest rooms provide a contemporary coastal feel. Relax under swaying palm trees, catch a nap in a pool-side cabana, or sip cocktails under the Fort Lauderdale sun. Whether starting or ending the day, our culinary team will awaken your senses. Sip locally roasted coffee at Calusa Coffee Bar, treat yourself to a locally-inspired meal at Bistro 17, or enjoy craft cocktails and local beers at R Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port Hotel Florida
- Fort Lauderdale Renaissance