1,320 results
All reviews cruise port across the street front desk the concierge lounge convention center nice hotel club level within walking distance water taxi breakfast buffet sun trolley one night stay shuttle service corner room nice pool walgreens lobby
Reviewed 27 February 2015

The workers we encountered at this hotel were very nice and professional, however it seemed like they were always having to cover for some kind of problem. Many of these problems could have been averted by having better managerial practices in place. For instance, many people (including us) had to wait well into the late afternoon for a room to be cleaned. We stayed 2 nights and the 2nd day our room was completely skipped on the cleaning schedule. The room had a harsh chemical smell and the dark furniture was dusty. One of the 2 elevators was down our entire visit, causing some lengthy delays. A couple we met had been locked out of their room - twice. Overall the facility was nice enough, the pool area looked decent, the concierge area was good, and the hotel was very convenient to the conference center (we walked) and the cruise port. If you get a good enough deal it's probably worth it, but don't expect the same quality level as other Renaissance Hotels.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family
Lori L, General Manager at Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2015

Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Fort Lauderdale. I do apologize for the lack of cleaning on one of your days. As is customary, we clean each room every day unless the guest prefers that we do not. I will follow up with my Housekeeping Team and make sure that this is resolved and does not happen in the future. With regards to the elevator, we had a system failure on one of them that required a part to be ordered. Since this took place on a Saturday morning, we were not able to get the part delivered until Monday afternoon – the technicians did attempt to repair the elevator and were here all day Saturday to no avail.

Again, I do apologize for these issues and hope that if you are in our area for a future trip, you will give us another chance.

Regards,

Lori

Reviewed 24 February 2015 via mobile

Arrived mid-afternoon to find Alexandro as only Bellman and excellent Debra as only desk agent/switchboard operator/room service order taker. Alexandro had our bags to the room before we got there and Debra clued us in to bargain cruise ship parking and very convenient shuttle bus service which worked flawlessly in both directions. They both could use extra help at front desk and front door. Folks complain about overnight parking but in my experience most marriotts and renaissance hotels do charge (not that its not obnoxious you understand.)

Good reliable premium hotel . Biggest complaint is lousy tv reception with lots of digital static but this evening we're at the Marriott south beach stanton which has exactly the same tv issues. What's up with that?

Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 February 2015

I have stayed at this Renaissance three or four times. The service is always top notch. The rooms have been updated recently and they have a nice on-site restaurant, fitness center and breakfast lounge. Close to the Bimini Boatyard and several other great restaurants. Nice views of the water too. Look for great prices in the off season.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor with a water view.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 February 2015

First, the positives. This hotel is very, very convenient to FLL, the cruise ship terminals, and there is a large choice of restaurants within walking distance. A Walgreens is directly across the street, that was most convenient for myself, as I had forgotten a medication, and my Doctor phoned it in there, and it was quickly filled. It also has a limited selection of wines, if they are allowed on the ship. Publix (where I purchased our wine) and Total Wine 1/4 mile away. Decent pool and fitness area.
Now, the less desirable. I would guess that 75% of the rooms turn over on Saturday/Sunday, as there are people, such as us, who come here for one night prior/after a cruise. Busy, busy, busy, and the rooms tend to show that. The rooms are small, and not as upscale as I was expecting at a Renaissance. We've stayed at the Courtyard in Dania Beach, and the rooms are much nicer, for instance.
I suppose the fact that this is a hotel primarily for those going to/from a cruise, especially on weekends, I shouldn't have expected much more. I wouldn't use it for more than a quick one night stay in Fort Lauderdale, not as a destination resort.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family
Lori L, General Manager at Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2015

Thank you for staying with us and for providing feedback regarding your experience. Our guestroom renovation project was completed in October of 2014 with a brand new look. We also renovated our pool, fitness center and several other areas of our hotel.

I am glad you were able to join us prior to your cruise – we do have many guests who enjoy our hotel prior to or after their cruising and find the location of our hotel perfect!

We hope to see you again when your travels bring you to Fort Lauderdale.

Lori

Reviewed 19 February 2015

This is a beautiful hotel that is conveniently located to several restaurants and not too far from the beach. The front desk staff was friendly. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. Our only complaint was that there wasn't any complimentary coffee or cups. The bathroom extras were also forgotten. Attention to details needed by the head of housekeeping.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple