The workers we encountered at this hotel were very nice and professional, however it seemed like they were always having to cover for some kind of problem. Many of these problems could have been averted by having better managerial practices in place. For instance, many people (including us) had to wait well into the late afternoon for a room to be cleaned. We stayed 2 nights and the 2nd day our room was completely skipped on the cleaning schedule. The room had a harsh chemical smell and the dark furniture was dusty. One of the 2 elevators was down our entire visit, causing some lengthy delays. A couple we met had been locked out of their room - twice. Overall the facility was nice enough, the pool area looked decent, the concierge area was good, and the hotel was very convenient to the conference center (we walked) and the cruise port. If you get a good enough deal it's probably worth it, but don't expect the same quality level as other Renaissance Hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port hotel near Port Everglades is perfectly situated in the heart of Fort Lauderdale’s vibrant 17th Street cruise district. We are located at the entrance to Port Everglades and the Broward County Convention Center, 5 minutes from Fort Lauderdale Beach, downtown Fort Lauderdale and Las Olas Blvd. Hop on the Water Taxi, we’re steps from the stop. If arriving by plane, we’re only 10 minutes from Fort Lauderdale International Airport and while renting a car is easy, the Sun Trolley is a unique way to get around. Our renovated lobby, restaurants, and guest rooms provide a contemporary coastal feel. Relax under swaying palm trees, catch a nap in a pool-side cabana, or sip cocktails under the Fort Lauderdale sun. Whether starting or ending the day, our culinary team will awaken your senses. Sip locally roasted coffee at Calusa Coffee Bar, treat yourself to a locally-inspired meal at Bistro 17, or enjoy craft cocktails and local beers at R Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, TravelUp, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port Hotel Florida
- Fort Lauderdale Renaissance