“overpriced and not worth it”

Asia Bay Sushi Bar & Thai
Reserve with OpenTable
Asia Bay Sushi Bar & Thai is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #63 of 1,486 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Thai
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: SE 10th Terrace-SE 12th Ave
Description: Mouthwatering sushi & Thai cuisine made with high-quality, fresh ingredients. We boast a trendy, modern environment with an option for outdoor dining overlooking the beautiful Himmarshee Canal.
Reviewed 4 October 2018

I read great reviews of this place so I expected a lot better. Our waiter was very nice. The restaurant itself has a nice ambiance. But the sushi was bland and way overpriced. I understand that you also pay for the location but the food did not deliver. What a shame. I really hope they raise the bar with their sushi.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

We stopped in for lunch and I am not sure if they just got hit hard or if it’s an ongoing issue but they were WAY understaffed. The waiter was trying his best but the food took over an hour.

Once we got the food it was great. Everything lasted fresh and was unique.

Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

Wasn’t planning on eating here. It looked empty but they were open, it was pretty early for dinner. I’m glad we did.

Service was great, food tasted great and sitting on a side canal just added to it.

This is short and sweet. Will recommend this place and go again next time we are in town.

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

First of all, let me start with the service. We came within one hour of opening and we got all of our food within 5 minutes, which by me, is very fast. Me and my family ordered Chicken Udon and various rolls. All of them were amazing! This restaurant has a huge menu of foods to choose from. Will definitely visit again

Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

We had a taste for some good Asian food and Asia Bay had great reviews. Once again the reviewers were right. WOW!

We ordered a spider roll and an Ahi Tuna roll to start. Great fresh Ahi and the crab was very good too. For our main course we ordered the Chicken Pad Thai and Sweet and Sour Chicken. Both are a couple of our personal favorite Thai dishes. They were fantastic!

The outdoor seating on porch overlooking the waterway and the attentive service were an added bonus to our pleasurable dining experience.

Date of visit: August 2018